First of all sorry about my english, not my native language.
I was reading the forum the last couple of years. Since 2016 me and my partner in IVA as unfortunately we went into credit card spiral after our daughter birth. We still have to pay for 17month.
Our contributions £155+£130. So left to pay into IVA £2643+£2210.
Our plan to move back to Hungary in April (as pandemic hit our family there and they need a help), but we dont want to leave any debt behind us in the UK.
My sister in law offered us to help make an offer to our creditors. She can help with £2700+£2200.
Just spoke with our IVA company Jarvis, (we been with Aperture before till last year) they told what we need send to them (I&E update, 3month payslips, bank statements, 3rd party details etc.)
My question is : can we set a final date in the 3rd party offering letter to get answer as soon as possible to make any further decision. I know its a slower process now, but we would like to sort it out before april.
Its that amount enough for the offer or it is too low?
Any templates for the request what we can use or any specific information need to be written?
What can be happen if the offer rejected, but we cannot pay longer from abroad as should.
Thanks for any answer
It looks like a good offer. It should be done wbefore April, especially if you ask Jarvis to "pull out all the stops" (hurry). You cannot demand that it be dealt with by a certain date, but you could mention that the monies might no longer be available after April 1st.
I would hope that the offer will be accepted, but, if not, then the IVA could fail if you cannot continue paying from Hungary. Now that the UK is no longer in the EU I do not know what, if anything, British based creditors can do to chase the debt --- some UK creditors might have EU based offices that could chase the debt through European Courts and enforcement systems.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014 http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk
Thank for the reply Foggy.
Thats what we want to avoid (failed IVA). And definitely dont wanna run away from the debt. Learned enough in the last 3.5years how to live within budget. Lifetime experience im sure.
Hope 2month enough to sort it out. If declined we gonna re-think how to do forward.
Fingers crossed, sending all the paperworks in monday.
Hope all u doin well. Posted a long time ago.
So after 8weeks, finally got a phone call to do the variation meeting. Took ages to sort out and explain the paperworks to jarvis or now debt movement (they changed a name again...). Im a bit confused and feel nervous about income expenditure review as was few question thru phone why we had a bit more income the last 2month. Wasnt more than 10% on the original income. And as we do various hours each month as working in retail the salary always different. They numbers shows we have extra £200 each month to dispose what we dont know from where. We been honest and tried be within the limits the last few years. We really hope they can sort it out and get positive feedback to approve our offer. Unfortunately im off for a sick now due my back injury cames back (best timing). Dont know whats gonna be if rejected. All what we can do is fingers still crossed and wait few more weeks again...then hopefully we can move to help our family.
Stay safe guys.