Full and final queries

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
User avatar
Beaubeau
Posts: 36
by Beaubeau » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:05 pm
Full and final offer sent in august was advised I didn't need to make anymore payments while this was pending (I have email to confirm) they did the usual income and expenditure!! I was advised they may not put the full
And final offer forward as they think my ex husband can still
Afford the Monthly payments we could only give them estimated bills,as it's only predicated with him
Living with parents.

Supervisor I deal with said he would let me know asap if they are putting it forward it's now two
Weeks ?? And yesterday I recieved a letter pack from a company that has been instructed by the Iva to claim any possible ppi. What's going on? Can you help
Please

As I
Say the full and final
Was sent in august. I'm
Worried sick.
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 25875
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:58 am
PPI claims are standard --- and PPI would still be due to the IVA even after it was finished, so there is nothing to worry about on that score. You can only keep badgering them about the delay and / or go down the formal complaint route.
User avatar
Beaubeau
Posts: 36
by Beaubeau » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:46 pm
hi there after 5 month ip has finally said they will sent the drafted variation,on the letter I have received to sign and send back it says I am in arreas of around £1600.....

I was told I didn't need to make payments while the offer was on the table and of course its been since august last year when the full and final offer was put forward. I have an email from them to confirm this. I feel like the letter shows that I am in arrears due to my own fault when this is not the case.

will the creditors need to know this?

thanks
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 25875
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:56 pm
Hmmm ... it is standard that payments that were supposed to be made during a payment break are tacked back on at the end as arrears. In my case I suspended payments while my F&F was on the table and this was never brought up -- however, my F&F was based on payments made to date with no lump sum.
You could ask them to amend the wording to show that the payment break was by agreement --- however, that should be evident anyway as without agreement more than three missed payments would hhave failed the IVA in any case.... so the fact it wasn't failed indicates an agreed break.
User avatar
Beaubeau
Posts: 36
by Beaubeau » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:13 pm
yeah the offer of the full and final offer was in august 2017 so to me that's final meaning no more payments, im glad iv got the email to show no payments needed until variation sorted.

now I have to wait upto 30 days for outcome.

if the creditors say no could we offer higher amount or will they dictate what they require?

thanks
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 25875
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:46 pm
Beaubeau wrote:
yeah the offer of the full and final offer was in august 2017 so to me that's final meaning no more payments, im glad iv got the email to show no payments needed until variation sorted.

now I have to wait upto 30 days for outcome.

if the creditors say no could we offer higher amount or will they dictate what they require?

thanks



They might come back with a counter offer, but they don't usually. If they refuse you are free to increase your offer, but you would only really have one bite at this as the first offer is supposed to be the best you can manage first time round.
User avatar
Beaubeau
Posts: 36
by Beaubeau » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:50 pm
Foggy wrote:
Beaubeau wrote:
yeah the offer of the full and final offer was in august 2017 so to me that's final meaning no more payments, im glad iv got the email to show no payments needed until variation sorted.

now I have to wait upto 30 days for outcome.

if the creditors say no could we offer higher amount or will they dictate what they require?

thanks



They might come back with a counter offer, but they don't usually. If they refuse you are free to increase your offer, but you would only really have one bite at this as the first offer is supposed to be the best you can manage first time round.



yeah tbh it is the best offer but id rather scrimp and scrape then let the iva fail as this will effect my house :oops:
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests