Full & Final IVA - what next?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
mandy695
by mandy695 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:05 pm
My husband was made redundant and got a good redundancy payment and has offered 100p in the pound to complete. We have been given a figure but they’re not really telling me what to do next do I just send the money via bank transfer. Don’t I need a letter first to say they accept this is a full and final and no further money would be taken? I am with Creditfix.

Thanks
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:39 pm
mandy695 wrote:
My husband was made redundant and got a good redundancy payment and has offered 100p in the pound to complete. We have been given a figure but they’re not really telling me what to do next do I just send the money via bank transfer. Don’t I need a letter first to say they accept this is a full and final and no further money would be taken? I am with Creditfix.

Thanks

Ask them for written confirmation that payment of the sum they have quoted will be accepted in full and final settlement of the IVA, upon receipt of which you will transfer the required funds. I am assuming that the figure quoted includes fees and possible statutory interest. You do need to tread carefully with CF.
formidablelady
by formidablelady » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:57 pm
Hi Foggy

This is what was sent

"Good afternoon,

Hope you are doing well.

Please note that the figure needed to pay off the full debt level plus insolvency fees of Mr Xxxx xxxxxx is £22,398.10.

After receiving this amount, the case will be closed.

Do not hesitate to contact us for further details.

I assume this is it all. So as you say I need a letter or would an email do to confirm it?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:22 pm
An email should suffice in this day and age, depending on now comfortable you feel about it -- I am just wary of CF saying one thing and doing another.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:24 pm
Is there a particular reason you decided to do a settlement in full rather than a Full and final offer?
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”