Full & Final settlement accepted!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
L82
by L82 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:43 am
What happens next? I know the IVA completion certificate takes 3 months. The IVA was only started last year in August so I know it takes 6 years to drop off my report. Thing is I want to start building towards a future. Husband has a mortgage and I live in his house and we would like to buy together at some point in the future. How do I rebuild my credit rating? Is it possible? How long should we wait to start looking at buying together. Looking on line it looks like 3 years after the satisfied IVA is a good time to try?! Sorry for so many questions. So relieved I’m no longer in an IVA but seems it’s a long struggle to get back to normal again (by normal I don’t mean being a spend thrift I mean being able to move forward in my life) :|
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:08 am
Great News!!

You could try and have a word with either Ryan or Shaun. our resident mortgage experts and take advice from them.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:06 am
Congratulations :-)

As Kallis says, have a word with Ryan and Shaun re mortgages -- it is way too early to get one, but they can adivise on how best to prepare. There are, possibly, some lenders who would lend three years after the end of the IVA .... but this is, in most cases, well after the 6th anniversary anyway. If any would lend with the IVA still on the credit files the rates would be eye watering ! Better to work at saving the best deposit and waiting out the 6 years.

On credit clear up: Have a look here: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record and also have a peek at the last couple of entries on my blog --- link in my signature block below.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”