Gambling

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Jessicamj
by Jessicamj » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:05 pm
Me again

I had the phone call with McCambridge duffy today, had the email and pack being sent out.

However i am slightly worried, i have alot of gambling transactions in the last few months on my statements. NONE of my debts are related. This is all money i have won and spent back on. one of my statements shows ive had £8000 in and out of the account for the month including wages, i would say i have won around £6000 over the past 3months which i stupidily put right back on, i could of paid of someone of my debts with this.

What is the chance of the iva going through if my debts are none related gambling
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:16 pm
Have you mentioned this to McCD ? Some creditors do not like recent gambling, but might not be too concerned as the debt is not gambling related. However, gambling that sort of money (especially when already in debt) does raise red flags regarding the potential for the gambling to become a problem. You should take steps that you can demonstrate to remove this potential. One would be getting online gambling sites locked out and closing any accounts you have with gambling sites and sources.
Jessicamj
by Jessicamj » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:28 pm
Foggy wrote:
Have you mentioned this to McCD ? Some creditors do not like recent gambling, but might not be too concerned as the debt is not gambling related. However, gambling that sort of money (especially when already in debt) does raise red flags regarding the potential for the gambling to become a problem. You should take steps that you can demonstrate to remove this potential. One would be getting online gambling sites locked out and closing any accounts you have with gambling sites and sources.

Yes i think they because they are not due to gambling it shouldnt be a problem. However i can not produce statements as have no printer available, when i download my statement i only get opening and closing of statement and around 2 days of transactions, would they accept this do you think?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:47 pm
They might do -- but you would then have to provide other evidence of essential outgoings which would have been shown on the statements. Most banks allow you to download full statements in pdf format and any IP might insist on that.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”