Getting married while in an IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
dallas
by dallas » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:50 am
I am seeing someone and we want to marry, however she still lives at her own place and I live at mine so as not to complicate my IVA.

If I was to marry her, would my IVA provider find out/ have a way to find out? I wouldn’t want us marrying to financially impact us to the point she has to contribute to my bills or that i have to pay more than I already do.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:14 am
If you marry and move in together it would be expected ( and normal) for her to contribute to the household expenses. This might slightly increase your dispoosable income and therefore your IVA payment might go up. If not informed there is little likelyhood of your IP finding out -- BUT these things do have a habit of coming out of the woodwork! If he does discover the new arrangement the IVA could be in jeopardy because, of course, you will have been making false representations at review.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:41 am
Agree with Foggy - these things have a habit of coming back to haunt you.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:56 am
Also the IP may want to know where the funds have come from to be able to pay for the wedding expenses.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:13 pm
Hopefully it will be from the partner, in which case it is nothing to do with the IP.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”