gone through hell and still end up failing IVA?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
26 posts Page 2 of 2

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:01 pm
Who has "assigned" you to this particular firm Hammie?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:05 pm
And how much did this person charge to point you in their direction??

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Hammie1

Post by Hammie1 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:46 pm
Hi Melanie & Plasticdaft

Debt Advice Link referred me to Debt Life Boat. They told me that they have used them for years, but I understand from another post, they traded as a different name before??.

I have paid two payments, 1 in June £320.00, and 1 today of £250.00. I was told that if they IVA failed then this money would automatically be put into a DMP. Should I be worried then??.

Thanks
Sam
F&F accepted 12/8/13 - Awaiting Completion Certificate :-)
Thanks to everyone for your support. Could'nt have done it without you.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:31 am
It is difficult for me to comment Sam. If you are comfortable with being referred to this firm, and you feel that they are going to be acting in your best interests, then go for it.

Hammie1

Post by Hammie1 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:59 pm
Hi Mel

Sorry about that, that was just me being negative again!!!!.

To be honest Debt Advice Link, and Debt Lifeboat have been both brilliant towards our case so far, just seems to be going a lot slower than other peoples cases on here. But like most other posters, you should explore more companies, but I found this site after I felt commited to DAL and DLB. DAL have taken a lot of the stress away from us and dealt directly with our creditors, which I suppose this is what we are paying for!!!.
I am really appreciating your help, guidance and comments.

If I had found this site first, I certainly would of come to you Mel.

Sam x

antm

Post by antm » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:20 pm
Hi Hammie1,

Debtlifeboat are great at the paperwork side of things and on the phone as well, but trying to get hold of the IP is near impossible, im in my fourth year and as yet i haven't spoke to my IP at all, he seems to be guarded by his PA's.

When it comes to Annual Reviews, my OT and Payrises they have worked with me and worked really well, i do have an outstanding issue which i currently feel they have not been 100% in passing the information to me regarding this issue, the only problem i have as this issue could fail my IVA and im in my mind past the point of no return.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:50 am
And I would have been glad to act for you Sam, but I am equally happy that you are getting a good service from Philip Allen and the team.

Don't worry if the process is a little slower than other firms - perhaps they are more thorough and that could be a real benefit to you in the long run.

Hammie1

Post by Hammie1 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:16 pm
Hi Antm and Melanie

Thanks for your reply Antm, it's nice to hear from a poster who is using the same company as us. I hope that you get your issue sorted.

Melanie - keeping my fingers crossed.

Regards
Sam[:)]

Iain.ll

Post by Iain.ll » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:29 pm
ref posting by Hammie1, cant fault Debt Lifeboat to date they have always been supportive and I'm sure you will be okay with them. Just very concerned about Having to raise £20k from equit that isn't there due to property prices decreasing.

Noted kallis3;s note on .....Most IVAs will have the extra 12 months now. Iain's will be pre protocol.
What does pre protocal mean ??
I suppose my other question would be is there any legislation that governs IVA's ?
If you agree to an IVA over 60 months with an equity release in year 5 built in and the equity is no longer there or no one will lend you can you legally be made to extend by a further 12 months to pay for equity that no longer exists due to no fault of your own. Is there any recourse that you can take legally to say that the equity should not have been included in the IVA at the start and that you have been mis advised ??........any thoughts anyone ?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:25 pm
Most IVAs now adhere to a protocol, so conditions are pretty much the same for all with regard to remortgaging.

An IVA is covered by the Insolvency Act of 1986 I believe.

I think most of us will be happy to pay the extra 12 months rather than have to remortgage.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:45 am
That would be a little difficult given that you would have signed the IVA proposal, Iain.
26 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”