Great news...but

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Jessicamj
by Jessicamj » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:37 pm
I have the date for my creditors meeting 20th dec woop. I am looking to pay my first payment on the 1st jan as this is just easier as im paid two weekly.

Regards to the 10/50/50 when will the ‘month’ start? from the date i make the payment 1st jan (only 2 pay days in janaury) or 20th dec if approved? If this is the case from 20th-20th each month, some will have 3 pay days resulting in giving up alot.
I will be sending in payslips to make it easier
Sorry if this sounds confusing
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:58 am
Jessicamj wrote:
I have the date for my creditors meeting 20th dec woop. I am looking to pay my first payment on the 1st jan as this is just easier as im paid two weekly.

Regards to the 10/50/50 when will the ‘month’ start? from the date i make the payment 1st jan (only 2 pay days in janaury) or 20th dec if approved? If this is the case from 20th-20th each month, some will have 3 pay days resulting in giving up alot.
I will be sending in payslips to make it easier
Sorry if this sounds confusing

You should discuss this with your IP as your pay will be, on paper, variable, and agree the periods and base line income maybe by using an "average per calendar month". Get any agreement to this method in writing, do not rely on a phone conversation. Try to get this sorted before the meeting, otherwise you will be stuck with whatever method they chose.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:46 am
Good luck with your meeting!!
watzki
by watzki » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:47 pm
When I was paid fortnightly I didn't need to pay anything extra,as my pay was still worked out monthly.Even when I was on paid weekly my pay was still worked out for the month.
They told me how much I could earn weekly or fortnightly before I had to pay extra.
So say my IVA company said my average wage was £400 a week anything above that I had to send in half of what I earned so if that month I earned 1800 I had to give a 100 to the IVA .
But if I only earned 1400 I didn't get a drop in my payment.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:21 am
Let us know hpw you get on - hopefully it will sort itself out for you
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”