Green deal

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
19 posts Page 2 of 2

Skippy
by Skippy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:25 pm
Exactly! And even worse if you bought a house and had to replace the boiler and ended up paying for the previous owner's boiler as well!

downandout
by downandout » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:20 pm
Right thanks all, i think the attachment to the property and the fact most modern boilers do fail in about 10 years puts me of this. My boiler may be uneconomical but it has chugged on for 30 years, and has not let us down for the 12 years we have been here. It is a fact that they dont make em like they used to, so i will take me chance and deal with it when it happens, thanks all

Skippy
by Skippy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:27 pm
We we told by British Gas we have 'the Rolls Royce of boilers' (it's about the same size as a Rolls as well!) so I plan on keeping it for as long as possible!

There aren't any other energy saving things we can do either as we live in a downstairs maisonette and already have double glazing, I've just bought a new front door and we don't have cavity walls!
sandybrowneyes2002
by sandybrowneyes2002 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:08 pm
Sorry about digging out this old post, however given the horrid situation I'm in, for those whom don't know I'm on year 3.5 of an iva and just had our warm air heating system condemned. It's not fixable.
We're gone to everyone I can't think of for loan / grant's / beg & bowwow. Obs still without heating!
So Has anyone actually manged to get this green deal fiance on Iva?
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”