Haines Watts IVA Ltd

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
phillip515
by phillip515 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:55 am
Does Haines watts Iva ltd still in business if not who took over and how do I get a charge off my property..the Iva failed due to disagreement over increase in payments.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:06 am
Haines Watts are still in business but I can see nothing about IVA's. Do you have your termination letter. Have you checked the Insolvency Register to see if you are still on there? When did it fail?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:15 am
If you have your paperwork, or can remember, you need to be tracking down the supervisor by name --- try here: https://www.gov.uk/find-an-insolvency-practitioner
Philg1969
by Philg1969 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:16 am
kallis3 wrote:
Haines Watts are still in business but I can see nothing about IVA's. Do you have your termination letter. Have you checked the Insolvency Register to see if you are still on there? When did it fail?
Philg1969
by Philg1969 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:19 am
kallis3 wrote:

Failed 2007
Thomas Dixon was the supervisor..
Failed due to increase in payment which I said I could not afford at the beginning..but was told it could be change once I was in the IVA..paid on about £3000 ..which they took from me ..phil
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:33 am
There is a Thomas Dixon listed at RSM in Manchester.
Philg1969
by Philg1969 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:19 pm
How can I get hold of him..is he the only person that can remove the charge..
And can the charge be removed as the plan failed..
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:44 pm
Philg1969 wrote:
How can I get hold of him..is he the only person that can remove the charge..
And can the charge be removed as the plan failed..

Use the link I gave at the top -- it might not be the same man though. There are ways to remove the charge if he cannot be located. This was the advice I was given by Land Registry:

"To withdraw a restriction H M Land Registry would normally expect to receive a completed form RX4 by the person or company that has the benefit of the said restriction. If the beneficiary is unable to provide this RX4 then this form should be completed by whomever has inherited the benefit of the restriction and appropriate evidence of devolution of title lodged as part of the application. This evidence should show a clear link between the beneficiary named on the title register and the applicant that has completed form RX4.
If restriction is not withdrawn, then an application would need to be made for its cancellation. Cancellation is the term used in rule 97 of the Land Registration Rules 2003 to refer to an application to cancel a restriction that is no longer required.
Any person may apply to cancel a restriction. The application must be made in form RX3 and no fee is payable.
We will cancel the restriction if we are satisfied that the restriction is no longer required. The application must be accompanied by evidence to show that this is the case. If anyone is referred to in the restriction and if an address for service is listed for that person, we will usually notify them of the application and give them an opportunity to object to the application before canceling the restriction.
Practice Guide 19 provides further information on notices, restrictions and the protection of third party interests in the register."
Philg1969
by Philg1969 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:42 pm
Ok thanks for the info..sorry if I seem to be missing things..all new to me..being in that IVA really put me back about 3 years with paying debts..now in a DMP and things are a little better..Thought everything was sorted regarding the IVA..but it’s just bit me again..What a nightmare.
Philg1969
by Philg1969 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:11 am
[quote="Foggy"]If you have your paperwork, or can remember, you need to be tracking down the supervisor by name --- try here: https://www.gov.uk/find-an-insolvency-practitioner[/quote

No joy with that link ..no one called Thomas Dixon came up on search..
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:13 am
Philg1969 wrote:
Foggy wrote:
If you have your paperwork, or can remember, you need to be tracking down the supervisor by name --- try here: https://www.gov.uk/find-an-insolvency-practitioner[/quote

No joy with that link ..no one called Thomas Dixon came up on search..

My search on that link gave me:

Mr THOMAS ERNEST DIXON
Company
RSM Restructuring Advisory LLP
Address
9th Floor, 3 Hardman Street, MANCHESTER, M3 3HF
Telephone
0161 830 4000
Fax
0161 830 4001
IP Number
Licensing Body