Harassment by telephone

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
27 posts Page 2 of 2

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:49 am
I disagreed with the bit about it making things worse by answering the phone.

I didn't speak to them at all and it made no difference to the amount of calls I got.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:27 am
Ashb it is all very well for you to say don't answer the phone, but some of us have people who need to contact us, I have a sick relative who I am expecting to here from the hospice is deterioating, Although they have my mobile number as well they always us my landline number even when I am not in they leave an answerphone message and don't ring my mobile. I cannot just ignore a ringing phone or turn it off.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:34 pm
Pandy - in your situation I would seriously consider changing your number so that only the people who need to know can contact you.

You should not have to be suffering like this.

You should be able to change it free of charge.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:45 pm
It has dropped off a lot now so hopefully BE have managed to get the message through to LloydsTSB at last. Just trying to make people aware though that sometimes it is not always possible to ignore the phone and the stress from these calls can be horrendous. Luckily I am quite a tough cookie :-)
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:54 pm
I would always recommend changing the number. We took out BT Broadband talk and had a different number. We could ignoe the other line.

I hated the normal line ringing. I knew it would be a creditor.
Bob Marley.

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:00 pm
It was on our list of things to do within the next couple of months if the calls continued much longer but thankfully they have stopped.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:08 pm
I'm glad they have stopped. Nothing worse than being a nervous wreck when the phone rings.

Something to bear in mind though if you do get any more calls.
Bob Marley.

ashb

Post by ashb » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:22 pm
If you read my response it says very clearly "I got a new mobile phone and gave that to all my familly and freinds " Cant be clearer than that !!

ashb

Post by ashb » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:26 pm
Padny i do understand that it may not be so simple and yes some people will cal you thats why I put a phone in with call screening which meant i could see the number before pick up !!! But Kallis is right, try and change all numbers and that way it will stop soon. I hope all goes well

Imhotep

Post by Imhotep » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:00 pm
I've done letters this afternoon requesting that I am only contacted by letter.

It ended up seven telephone calls from the Co-Op the other day.

How long should you give creditors once you enter the IVA before you point out that they are in breach of the IVA agreement when they ring you? I'm really looking forward to that :)
Last edited by Imhotep on Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:09 pm
My husband had to get angry with Mercers (Barclaycard) about 2-3 weeks after our IVA acceptance, they didn't call back. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:47 am
Mercers phoned me on the date of approval, I pointed out that I was now in an IVA and they couldn't contact me, and apart from asking me for money (which they didn;t get!) I've heard nothing since.
Bob Marley.
27 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”