Has anyone heard of finance4me?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Stu768
by Stu768 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:12 pm
Been speaking to them about an iva just looking for some reassurance?
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:25 pm
If they put as much thought into their customers as they did into their trading name then!!!!! Never heard of them, but doing a quick Google search (I know not very scientific, or reliable) comes up with mixed opinions. One reviewer has dug in that deep he can list the different countries that are identified as leaving positive reviews, not a good start. Have a word with known companies like McCambridge Duffy, Kingsgate etc, there is a list on here. Don't be rushed into signing anything, this is your future for 5-6 years, don't end up with a poor company.
p.s. Finance4me may not even be a licenced IVA company and may just act as an intermediary who may, or may not, have some sort of relationship with an IVA company. Whatever route you take do not pay any sort of 'deposit' up front. Good luck.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:31 pm
I have to echo Merlin there --- in any case it is always best to chat to a couple of firms to get a feel for how they work and whether you feel you can work together. Having someone digging into your finances and watching your spending for 5 or 6 years is quite invasive - so better it be by a "friend" rather than an "enemy".
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:36 pm
Hmmm --- seems that, back in 2015, a new arrival by the name of Creditfix were using Finance4me as an email address domain. Although there appears to be no current connection on a cursory glance. has-anyone-heard-of-a-company-called-creditfix-t72580
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:37 pm
I also agree - speak to a few more companies before making a decision.

Did you contact them or did they cold call you?
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:48 pm
As far as I can tell form the website it's an Australian Company...?

http://www.finance4me.com.au/contact
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:54 pm
Looking at companies house they did have an office in Stockport, whether they still do I don't know.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:52 pm
The OP should ensure any Company they thinking of using are licensed insolvency practitioners.

You can check here:

https://www.gov.uk/find-an-insolvency-practitioner
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:54 pm
I totally agree.
jonathah
by jonathah » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:38 pm
I'd bin them on the appalling name alone.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”