Hello,I am just about to enter into an IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Emma.80

Post by Emma.80 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:43 pm
Hello,
I am just about to enter into an IVA (Just about to send off the signed proposal form today). I have also had a separate car insurance claim going on for the past 3 years which the other party have just admitted liability for and offered me £1600. My solicitor thinks this is a bit low and has advise I may be able to get £1900.
My question is - if I settle now (i.e. before my IVA starts), will I get to keep all of the £1600 or should I declare it still and have most of it taken toward my debts?
If most of it will be taken anyway, then I may as well wait for the higher settlement figure and get a % of the higher amount.
Thanks for your help.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:21 pm
HI Emma and welcome to the forum, I'm sorry I don't know what to advise you to do but do know one of our professionals will be along very soon to give some excellent advice, so I'll keep this bumped up for you x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:51 am
I believe that the money is captured by the proposal whichever way you look at it. Is your IP aware of the money that is due to yoyu?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”