Hello, just thought I would introduce myself

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
37 posts Page 3 of 3

ThriftyWitch

Post by ThriftyWitch » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:52 pm
GettingHelp wrote:

hello there, can I also welcome you to the forum. Yes it is scary when you first realise something has to be done, and the phone calls and letters can be a nuisance and a little worrying to say the least, but you know what, when you realise you need help and start on that road it somehow makes it a little easier to deal with knowing that there is a solution for you and light at the end of the tunnel.

You are in safe hands with Mel and her team, I have nothing but praise for the lovely folk at Jones/Giles. Great choice of IP. Keep posting let us know how you are doing, since my time on the forum I have gained a lot of knowledge and helpful tips along the way, everyone is willing to share their stories and believe me they do help. Good luck x
Thank you as well x
So true, I understand it will be hard, but then things were hard before! Having to use a credit card for essentials mid month and getting in deeper and deeper. Anyway onward and upward. We can survive. Thank you for my warm welcome. I can only hope I am able to help others out when I am an IVA veteran![:D]
Last edited by ThriftyWitch on Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trying to be thrifty!

ThriftyWitch

Post by ThriftyWitch » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:55 pm
MelanieGiles wrote:

You could have rung me in the middle of today's game, just surviving! I have never seen such a poor show of play from people literally earning thousands of pounds in my life.
Wouldn't mind their bank account right now![:D]
Trying to be thrifty!

justsurviving

Post by justsurviving » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:17 pm
MelanieGiles wrote:

You could have rung me in the middle of today's game, just surviving! I have never seen such a poor show of play from people literally earning thousands of pounds in my life.
I'd have preferred a conversation than watching what can only be described as a 'dire' performance, defence, what defence? I've watched better Sunday league matches. Although I hate to admit it the Germans ran circles round them. they don't learn from their mistakes, 3 goals all from the same mistake, they waited till all our players were up front pass the ball to their striker who then has a free run, to get away with it once fair enough, but 3 times? England got the result they deserved. The thing is they're paid that much money they get complacent I think they ought to have been told they don't get paid if they don't win, it'd be interesting to see how that would up the tempo of their game. They're coming home and rightfully so. [:(!]

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:16 am
Welcome TW and best of luck!!

I do not know how I managed alone for over a year as none of my family or friends understood what it was all about. It's great to have people who know and understand our problems to talk to.

As for England what a load of rubbish, I watched it in Milton Keynes with my girlfriend as we had a few hours to kill before our coach home as she had taken me to meet her best mate.

The 2 bars with big screens were bursting, got a seat in front of a 42" TV in an empty bar next door.

Best of all the bar did heads or tails everytime you bought a drink and you got your order again free if you won! Well I was down to the last £15 of my budget for the weekend and thanks to winning 3 times I turned 3 rounds of drinks for me and my lady into 6 hahahahaha.
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

ThriftyWitch

Post by ThriftyWitch » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:15 pm
lukeofyorkshire wrote:

Welcome TW and best of luck!!

I do not know how I managed alone for over a year as none of my family or friends understood what it was all about. It's great to have people who know and understand our problems to talk to.

As for England what a load of rubbish, I watched it in Milton Keynes with my girlfriend as we had a few hours to kill before our coach home as she had taken me to meet her best mate.

The 2 bars with big screens were bursting, got a seat in front of a 42" TV in an empty bar next door.

Best of all the bar did heads or tails everytime you bought a drink and you got your order again free if you won! Well I was down to the last £15 of my budget for the weekend and thanks to winning 3 times I turned 3 rounds of drinks for me and my lady into 6 hahahahaha.
Hello and thanks for the welcome. Yes this is such a friendly forum. I feel safe knowing what im doing is right (as in when I meet problems I know that everyone on here would of experienced them as well and will offer sound advice) and I am sure you will see many more posts from me, both worries and (fingers crossed) elation!

Great news on the 'heads or tails' game, sounds like my kind of bargain! Im living to my 'budget' now, even though im in the early stages and am not in an IVA yet. I figure if I live to it now then I will be used to it if and when my IVA is accepted. So my bargain of the month is that I found £15 worth of high street vouchers in my bag which gets us all into a local attraction and I have come in under budget with my shopping!! So a day out with the kids might be happening soon, entrance courtesy of the vouchers and a lovely picnic lunch woohoo!
Trying to be thrifty!

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:17 am
a hugh welcome from me to both of you too, hopefully once your on your IVA pathway things will be easier. I'm not saying that it is easy but at least you have the peace of mind knowing that all your essential bills are paid for and you can live modestly too. You are defo with a very good team and thankfully a humanistic one too. I am now at the end of my 3rd year, where has that time gone? I had a phone call from DFD the other day to see if they could save me money on gas/elec, life insurance and car insurance i have to say that the caller was pleasantly surprised when i said i was a member of here and that since being in an IVA i have become very savvy with money lol! I'd already sorted out a cheaper gas/elec contract etc so they couldn't really help me so some skills have been learnt by being in this situation. I too was robbing peter to pay paul but as you say we are not on our own, there are many many people out there still doing that. Good luck for the future and hopefully life will become easier for you shortly.
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

ThriftyWitch

Post by ThriftyWitch » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:27 am
orchid5 wrote:

a hugh welcome from me to both of you too, hopefully once your on your IVA pathway things will be easier. I'm not saying that it is easy but at least you have the peace of mind knowing that all your essential bills are paid for and you can live modestly too. You are defo with a very good team and thankfully a humanistic one too. I am now at the end of my 3rd year, where has that time gone? I had a phone call from DFD the other day to see if they could save me money on gas/elec, life insurance and car insurance i have to say that the caller was pleasantly surprised when i said i was a member of here and that since being in an IVA i have become very savvy with money lol! I'd already sorted out a cheaper gas/elec contract etc so they couldn't really help me so some skills have been learnt by being in this situation. I too was robbing peter to pay paul but as you say we are not on our own, there are many many people out there still doing that. Good luck for the future and hopefully life will become easier for you shortly.
[]
Thank you orchid, thats something we are looking into, cheaper gas and electric ready for the winter months. I think its important to be money savvy, probably why our grandparents managed to save and yet live modest lifestyles. [:)]
Trying to be thrifty!
37 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”