Help. Companies saying I owe debt

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
mumof3
by mumof3 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:18 pm
I have just received a letter from my IP. It is saying that two companies have claimed I owe them money after my IVA has been set up. I know I do not owe these two companies anything. One is a a tv company which we used to have a service with but we have never had any correspondence from them to say we owe any money. The other is a catalogue company who we have never had an account with never mind owe money too.
How do I prove that we do not owe the money they are claiming?
Thank you
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:22 pm
It is not up to you to prove you don't owe the money -- it is up to them to prove that you do! Tell your IP that you do not owe these companies and what evidence, if any, can they produce.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:26 pm
Agree with Foggy - let them prove it!
mumof3
by mumof3 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:29 pm
Thank you. I’ve told the IP that we don’t owe any money to these companies. I’ve even looked through my credit report and they are not on there as either active or settled accounts .
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:41 am
Let your IP investigate - tell them to communicate with your IP who can then tell them to go away
mumof3
by mumof3 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:56 am
luluj wrote:
Let your IP investigate - tell them to communicate with your IP who can then tell them to go away

They had got in touch with the IP themselves and that is now why our IP is asking why we didn’t include them in our Iva. I’m really stressed now as I’m scared it will make our Iva fail when we really don’t owe these people this money. We aren’t daft, we wouldn’t have left them out of an Iva for the sake of £600.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:48 am
mumof3 wrote:
luluj wrote:

They had got in touch with the IP themselves and that is now why our IP is asking why we didn’t include them in our Iva. I’m really stressed now as I’m scared it will make our Iva fail when we really don’t owe these people this money. We aren’t daft, we wouldn’t have left them out of an Iva for the sake of £600.

I wonder how these companies knew you were in an IVA .
mumof3
by mumof3 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:20 pm
I wish I knew. Anyway my IP said they are looking in to it for me. They said not to worry, my IVA will not fail over this. So I will update once I get some answers from them.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”