Help

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Sammi girl 13
by Sammi girl 13 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:25 pm
Basically I've entered an Iva it is currently being processed and I gave them a copy of the accounts one of them is my account that all my bills go out of and it's been blocked and I can't take any money out. That doesn't worry me as such but will they stop the direct debits? And also will it be unfroze after the Iva has been processed
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:33 pm
Which bank are you with ?

HSBC and First Direct are known for freezing accounts unfairly -- some other banks do it in error, treating the pending IVA incorrectly athough it were a bankruptcy. If this is the case go into branch and request that they release the account immediately.
Sammi girl 13
by Sammi girl 13 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:53 pm
It's halifax I'll be going down on my day off to see if there's anything I can do but it won't be until Tuesday.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:18 pm
You need to open a new account with a non creditor as soon as possible. Co-op are usually good.
JustPlainStupid
by JustPlainStupid » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:19 am
Nationwide are good as well. I opened my account with no problem. The app is brilliant for keeping track of things and they have this impulse saver where you can put a couple of quid into a savings account to build up a bit of rainy day money.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:13 am
Barclays are usually good as well. We had a full account with cheque book throughout our IVA and a basic account with Nationwide (debit card) which has since been upgraded to a full account.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”