HELP!!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Pigger479
by Pigger479 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:50 am
I wrote on here yesterday about my review . I’ve done it roughly on paper and somehow I’m left with £762 a month if I have to pay this there is absolutely no point in me being in an Iva as i would be worse off then before the IVA!! I’ve just done my net take home for the year and decided it by 12 and come up with this. However my bonus and overtime is not guaranteed but I always get some every month... I’ve literally got no idea what to put for my monthly salary as I have no idea what a basic salary would be
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:55 am
Your pay slip should be broken down into "Basic Pay", "Overtime" and "Bonus". Mine ( don't knbow if they all do) also gave me my basic hourly rate.

Have a word with Keith who, I believe, put the figures forward in the first place.
Pigger479
by Pigger479 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:00 am
Foggy wrote:
Your pay slip should be broken down into "Basic Pay", "Overtime" and "Bonus". Mine ( don't knbow if they all do) also gave me my basic hourly rate.

Have a word with Keith who, I believe, put the figures forward in the first place.

What I have now done is added my contractual hours and standby payments together and left out overtime and bonus. Would that be acceptable ?
Pigger479
by Pigger479 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:05 am
The only pay that is guaranteed is my salary @ £28,349 and I do 17 weeks of standby in the year and the payment is £187.08 per week. The total came to £31,528 which I then deducted 23% for NI and tax contributions to get a basic salary. Does that sound acceptable ?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:44 am
Pigger479 wrote:
The only pay that is guaranteed is my salary @ £28,349 and I do 17 weeks of standby in the year and the payment is £187.08 per week. The total came to £31,528 which I then deducted 23% for NI and tax contributions to get a basic salary. Does that sound acceptable ?

That sounds about right to me, but it is your IP you have to convince ! Then any bonus / overtiime over the 10% has to be paid in as extra each month.
Pigger479
by Pigger479 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:50 am
Fingers crossed then!!!
Keith White
Industry Expert
by Keith White » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:59 pm
Good to chat ear;lier. As mentioned - you have done everything right in the first year - informing the IP if your overtime/bonus on a given month was more than 10% of your basic salary. Exactly the same principle for the second year.
Pigger479
by Pigger479 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:23 pm
Keith White wrote:
Good to chat ear;lier. As mentioned - you have done everything right in the first year - informing the IP if your overtime/bonus on a given month was more than 10% of your basic salary. Exactly the same principle for the second year.

Thanks for your help earlier!! Really sorted me out!! Looking at £30 a month increase which I can deal with !
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”