Help with IVA completion certificate

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
kayleigh1985
by kayleigh1985 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:35 pm
Hello, we first took out our IVA with Debt Free Direct in November 2010. There was a light at the end of the tunnel in March 2017 when we rang confirming that that month was our last payment, they said yes everything was settled and we should receive our closure certificate within 2 months...........

Debt free direct then went belly up.........our IVA closure was transferred to Aperture! We found this out when we tried to contact DFD in July.

So Aperture said in Oct 2017 they had everything they needed to close it and it just needed to be closed. We contacted them again on Jan 22nd and they said they would prioritise it and we would receive our certificate within 8-10 weeks.........

Still nothing, mt husband rang again on 6th April and was told it would be closed by 13 April and to look out for an email from them.

Having contacted them AGAIN today Mon 23rd April, they conveniently don't have the 6th April phone call on our record!

We are now rather worried as our house is sold and we have paid £250 reservation fee on a new house, the mortgage provider has everything else they need from us, payslips, bank statement, a statement as to say why we entered the IVA BUT THEY NEED THE COMPLETION CERTIFICATE TO MOVE FORWARD WITH THE MORTGAGE.

All they keep saying is that "we understand it's frustrating and we will flag it and prioritise it" which means nothing! We need the certificate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are now worried our house sale will fall through let alone this being on our credit file for a full year extra! We are feeling very frustrated. 😣😣😣😣😣😣
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:48 pm
Keep pressing Aperture and threaten them with a complaint!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:02 pm
As Kallis says keep pressing them. I would not make mention of the house sale as the fact that this has taken a year or so is enough to base a complaint on and you need not be opening any cans of worms. Write direct to the IP by recorded delivery (keeping copies) to make a formal complaint, then you can, and it would do not harm to mention the possibility, escalate this to their regulators if no joy, via the Government Gateway here: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
kayleigh1985
by kayleigh1985 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:37 pm
:wink:
kallis3 wrote:
Keep pressing Aperture and threaten them with a complaint!

Yeah that's what we've done today, we told her we wanted to raise a complaint and what the process was. We've also threatened them with getting in touch with the financial ombudsman.

We asked to speak to a team supervisor and was told they have to request that and they'll be in touch within 48 hours! Ridiculous customer service!
kayleigh1985
by kayleigh1985 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:09 pm
Foggy wrote:
As Kallis says keep pressing them. I would not make mention of the house sale as the fact that this has taken a year or so is enough to base a complaint on and you need not be opening any cans of worms. Write direct to the IP by recorded delivery (keeping copies) to make a formal complaint, then you can, and it would do not harm to mention the possibility, escalate this to their regulators if no joy, via the Government Gateway here: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner

Thank you. how do we find out who the IP is to complain? We've also hounded their Twitter and Facebook page, social media seems to be the "in thing" at the moment to get something resolved quickly.

We've had an email back from the Facebook page saying once again " i can see your IVA is in the final stages to be closed" blah blah blah and it just needs a practitioner to sign it off!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:14 pm
Give them a ring and ask who your IP is since the change over.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:19 am
I would consider making a complaint regardless:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
kayleigh1985
by kayleigh1985 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:48 am
Lisa Thomas wrote:

Thank you for you reply Lisa.

Yeah we are going to complain on the gov website no matter what as we have waited more than enough now and not getting anywhere.

Do you know what the letters are under the name of the insolvency practitioner on the gov website? I don't know what they all mean and one has to be selected.

Thank you for your help
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:02 pm
kayleigh1985 wrote:
Lisa Thomas wrote:

Thank you for you reply Lisa.

Yeah we are going to complain on the gov website no matter what as we have waited more than enough now and not getting anywhere.

Do you know what the letters are under the name of the insolvency practitioner on the gov website? I don't know what they all mean and one has to be selected.

Thank you for your help

They are the initials of the various regulatory bodies. You can find out who your IP belongs to here: https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/fip1/ or on the company website.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:24 pm
According to their website:

"Aperture Debt Solutions LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Firm Reference Number 758482)

Elaine Masters, Sabrina McGurk & Jacqueline Westerman are licensed to act as Insolvency Practitioners in the UK by the Insolvency Practitioners Association. Rikki Burton is licensed to act as an Insolvency Practitioner in the UK by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales"
kayleigh1985
by kayleigh1985 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:18 pm
Well a bit of news for you all who have helped.......

Guess what??!!!!

WE HAVE RECEIVED OUR COMPLAETION CERTIFICATES AND FINAL STATEMENT TODAY!!!!!!

It took for my husband to message them on Facebook and an executive said she would be in touch today, we weren't holding our breath....but loan behold all the paper work was emailed and signed off by the insolvency practitioner at 14.30 today.

I couldn't actually believe it!!!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:19 pm
Well done -- great news -- onward and upward :-)
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:38 am
Great news!
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”