Hi all, We recently contacted Blair Endersby

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

Andy27475

Post by Andy27475 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:38 am
Hi all,

We recently contacted Blair Endersby we are almost 24 months into our agreement, we have spoken to out account manager and we are 3 months in arrears due to a payment break that they arranged due to my redundancy, They first worked out that we should pay £300 per month which was fine for the 17 months out of the 23 we have been with them they reduced 3 months to £150 and then 3 months with no payment at all.
I have presented them with weekly statements showing what we are earning being self employed, they have not read anything we sent in as they wanted an increase to £329.00 per month to pay off the arrears, we contacted them again and they agreed a payment of £200 per month and they will contact the creditors to arrange the lower payment.
My question is how long should we wait with no contact before pressing them on the issue of a lowered payment agreed by creditors as they have not changed our DD and that is due in 19 days at £329.00 it has been 3 weeks with no contact to say if a meeting has even been agreed.
I am ready to cancel the DD but I am leaving this until about 3 days before due, I have sent them a 2 page letter today by email as they don't respond to any calls.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do next as Bankruptcy seems to be the next option. I think that house is safe as it is worth about £75000 and we have a mortgage and secured loan of £104000 which leaves us in negative equity.
What would happen under bankruptcy would we have to pay any money apart from fees (I know that if B& E fail the IVA either they or the creditors pay for the bankruptcy) would we have to pay anything and if so how long for.

If the IVA continues and the creditors agree the reduced amount does the IVA increase,

I feel that I have to ask you guys these questions as B & E are utterly useless as we are now on our 3rd account manager in 23 months and second practioner.

Please help

liamjames

Post by liamjames » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:01 am
Hi Andrew-

It doesn't take 3 weeks to write a variation report, so contact your IP and ask why this has not moved quicker. You have a right to know what's going on.

Find out his/her details directly and give them a call or an email. If the administrative staff are unhelpful then you should cut them out and go straight to the source.

Whether the IVA term increases or not as a result of the variation depends on the exact wording of the offer and any modifications. It's quite common for creditors to request extensions before agreeing to a reduction in payments, but rarely if ever over an additional 12 months.

Best of luck.
Take care,

Liam James
Varden Nuttall
http://www.vardennuttall.co.uk

Read our reviews here: http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/Varden_Nuttall.asp

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:06 pm
BE post on here and hopefully will pick up on this on Monday.

However you can email your IP directly via this link:

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/fip/

As regards bankruptcy, you are unlikely to lose your house if it is in negative equity and you would be expected to make payments for three years if your disposable income after priority bills are paid is more than £99 a month. This is between 50 and 70%.

As to your IP/creditors paying for the bankruptcy, read your paperwork carefully. It may be that it says that they will do so if there are sufficient funds available. If not then you will have to fund it yourself.

Hopefully it won't come to that and you can get things sorted next week.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:33 pm
What a shame that you have to rely on advice from an internet based forum, rather than your own IP.

A variation of terms seems the most sensible solution for you, and your IP should be helping you with this. I hope that you see some progress from this firm soon, and thankfully most of the people who complain about this firm on the forum are generally helped very quickly by the very helpful, but anonymous, BE person who monitors the posts.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Andy27475

Post by Andy27475 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:56 pm
Thanks for all of your comments, lets hope that either B & E get back to my email and message to contact me or this member of B & E that monitors this forum will help me in some way

Many Thanks

Andy

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:06 pm
Andy, I assume you are the original poster - I've altered the user name so that you're not easily identifiable.

Let us know how you get on with BE.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Blair Endersby

Post by Blair Endersby » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:12 am
Hi Andrew G.

Please forward your customer reference, and contact details, to the below email address, and I will arrange for someone to contact you.

Kind regards

Blair Endersby

mark2010

Post by mark2010 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:32 pm
Hi Andrew,

I would suggest emailing the IP direct, I am with BE and any other form of communication other than mailing your IP direct seems to fail [:(]

I spoke to someone on the phone a few weeks ago and was expecting a callback......still waiting [:(]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:52 pm
Have you contacted BE via the email address above Mark? They are usually pretty good at getting back I think.
Bob Marley.

Blair Endersby

Post by Blair Endersby » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:45 am
Hi mark2010

Please forward your customer reference, and contact details, to the below email address, and I will arrange for someone to contact you.

Kind regards

Blair Endersby
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”