Hi, any one dealing with payplan, help please

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
69 posts Page 1 of 5

pat

Post by pat » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:50 pm
Hi, any one dealing with payplan, I am with them through my DMP then IVA,due to my personal circumistances, I offered F&F since last month, called many times to make sure they received all the information needed the answer was yes next time, have not receive all of them. I am so depressed and low, at the end they told me it will take 3 months I should not call anymore, they will let me know. I really do not know what to do, I have no access to mi IP and I am afraid to complain it might affect my offier do you think. help please

terrytibs55

Post by terrytibs55 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:04 pm
**Post deleted**
Last edited by terrytibs55 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:12 pm
Hi Patericia and welcome to the forum. How far into an IVA are you? As far as I'm aware you can change companies providing the IVA hasn't been agreed. If that is the case have a look at www.iva.com where you can see reviews of companies, or contact any of the experts who post on here as they will offer free impartial advice.

Tezzaspence, telling Patericia to go BR isn't appropriate as we know nothing of her circumstances. Please don't make statements like this.
Last edited by Skippy on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:16 pm
Hi Patericia, welcome to the forum, sorry to read what a difficult time you are having.

You have every right to contact the firm acting for you and to understand what is going on and this should not affect your offer in any way, if it did you would have serious grounds for complaint as the two should not be linked. Have you put your concerns in writing if you are not getting anywhere verbally? This might be better so that you can explain yourself if being on the phone is not giving you the answers that you need.

As you are already in an IVA it is best that you resolve this with Payplan as they know the full facts of your case and you are legally bound into your agreement. It would be dangerous for anyone to suggest alternative solutions without knowing the full facts.

Please keep us posted on how you get on - there is always someone here to give you support when you need it.

Best wishes,
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:18 pm
To add above, of course, as Skippy says, if you are not actually in an IVA agreement as yet you may want to seek further advice if you need to.

:-)
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:28 pm
This is one of the problems with dealing with the so called 'free' or 'charity' sector who may only have one IP but thousands of clients. Ring Payplan and demand to speak to your IP. You pay the wages of the IP and their staff and you should not be fobbed off. If they refuse to let you speak to the IP ask for the complaints procedure and if necessary go to the regulators.

Ignore Tezzaspence as it is clearly a pitch for a 'bankruptcy advisory service' and could leave you much worse off.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:31 pm
I've deleted it Michael.

pat

Post by pat » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:32 pm
thanks for your reply, I am already in IVA and I am offering my creditors F&F through payplan , the case manager is not considering my situation, his is annoyed whenever I call I really need to know where I stand now, the answer given to me (three times) still preparing the papers to deliver to creditors.

terrytibs55

Post by terrytibs55 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:42 pm
QUOTE "if you are not actually in an IVA agreement as yet you may want to seek further advice if you need to."

thats what i was refering to, further advice, me and my wife did that and it was the best thing we did. we got help from people who actaully cared about us, and not people who just wanted our cash for themselves for the first two years of the iva... ring any bells?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:44 pm
This is completely wrong. If you have supplied all the info and are only awaiting a variation report it should take very little time to prepare. To be told it would take three months is a joke and you should not accept this.

Ring them back and demand the variation is called. Demand to speak to the IP and if your case manager is annoyed tell him you want to speak to someone higher. Do not be bullied because at the end of the day it is people in IVAs who pay our wages and should not be treated as shabbily as it appears you have been treated.

If you are not satisfied this time ask who is the regulator and contact them.
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:50 pm
Tezzaspence.
I, like the others on this site, interview numerous clients on a daily basis but only a few proceed to proposing an IVA. Everyone of my clients has been given my best advice and I advise many more bankruptcies than IVAs.

However, I do not charge anyone for help with bankruptcy papers nor does anyone in our firm. Advice is always free so I assume you were given free advice and assistance through your bankruptcies.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:50 pm
Tezzaspence, please stop being so negative, this isn't helping the OP. I presume that you had a bad experience with an IVA, but that doesn't mean that it's wrong for everyone.

Pat, I agree with Michael, escalate this within Payplan if necessary x

pat

Post by pat » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:55 pm
thank you Michael, this is really helpful I will give them a call tomorrow, definitely will be in touch with this valuable forum where members give good advice and support, at least I can sleep without pills and feeling low and warried.

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:07 pm
You have the weight of good support and expert advice behind you Pat - sleep easy.

:-)

danny4

Post by danny4 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:14 pm
Totally support Michael. When he was helping me with advice before I went into an IVA he also offred me advice on bankruptcy and the choice was ours in what we wanted to do and Michael was there to offer support on both via email and phone. An IVA is not for everybody nor is bankruptcy but the advice on here has always been good . I believe the advice on here is good for one important reason and that is that it is there to help the individual when they are feeling low and in need of help without making people feel bad when of course they are already feeling that way. Thanks to this forum and the support of the people on it I can sleep at night.
69 posts Page 1 of 5
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”