Hi,between my wife and I we have 61k of debt

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
  • 1
  • 2
18 posts Page 2 of 2


User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 72229
by kallis3 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:52 pm

Give another company a call, either click on the left hand side of the page to get contact details for the experts who post on here, or visit www.iva.com for a list of companies and reviews.

You do not have to wait for a CCJ to be finalised as far as I know. If you are going for an IVA, then your IP can apply to have a delay put on court proceedings as you are going for an IVA.

Do seek further advice though.


User avatar
Industry Expert
Posts: 47612
by MelanieGiles » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:45 am
I do not understand why CCCS feel that the CCJ is stopping you from applying for an IV - perhaps the CCCS representative who posts on the forum could comment on this policy - and in the meantime you may feel it beneficial to seek advice directly from an insolvency practitioner to discuss your options further.


User avatar
CCCS Counsellor
Posts: 60
by CCCS Counsellor » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:15 pm
john.fs wrote:

Hi guys and thank you so much for your replies.
Yes, origionally the cccs did recommend an IVA but with us being naive and believing that the creditors would stop interest we thought we would give the DMP a go, buckle down and pay it off in 9 years without risking losing the house. It has soon become obvious that its not possible, with constant battles and sky high phone costs to creditors and cccs alike on blasted 0845 numbers its like banging your head against a brick wall !
CCCS will not entertain an IVA until the CCJ is finalised which I'm finding very frustrating.


A CCJ would not stop an IVA so I would recommend that you contact our client support department to discuss a referral to CCCSVA.

  • 1
  • 2
18 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests