Hi Foggy

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
funke
by funke » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:25 am
Hi foggy. I entered into an iva in 2015 May due to losing my job. I made a full and final payment last November. My husband and I have been speaking to a broker regarding getting a mortgage. My husband has negatives on his credit file. The broker is quite positive that we can use help to buy Wales as we have only a 5% deposit. I'd like your thoughts on this please
funke
by funke » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:43 am
funke wrote:
Hi foggy. I entered into an iva in 2015 May due to losing my job. I made a full and final payment last November. My husband and I have been speaking to a broker regarding getting a mortgage. My husband has no negatives on his credit file. The broker is quite positive that we can use help to buy Wales as we have only a 5% deposit. I'd like your thoughts on this please
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:29 am
Have you had a word with either of our resident mortgage experts, Shaun Vickery or Ryan Radford? Details can be found under the experts link.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 am
Hi Funke. As Kallis has suggested I would err on the side of caution and have a word with Ryan and / or Shaun. I am not doubting the experience or expertise of your broker, but, from experience on this forum, many do not fully understand the implications of an IVA and I have seen applications fall at the last hurdle.

In your case you need to find a lender that is both happy to work within the Help To Buy framework as well as happy to entertain the IVA lurking in the wings.

Ryan's details can be gleaned from the links on his profile here: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=18488
And Shaun's can be found here: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=22837

Please let us know how you get on and best of luck.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”