Hi how easy is it to get a morgage post IVA ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
ApGreenwood
by ApGreenwood » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:57 pm
Hi how easy is it to get a mortgage post iva? I completed my iva early with the help of a friend and now am back on my feet financially and have savings. My partner also has savings but is newly self employed so I'm worried the mortgage company may need at 2 years accounts. Thank you in anticipation, Annette
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:15 pm
I would suggest a chat with either or both of the whole of market brokers who post here: Ryan and Shaun. They have considerable expertise in advers credit applications and often place ex IVA'ers with competitive deals.

Their details can be found here: memberlist.php?mode=team

They are in yellow.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:06 pm
Speak with Ryan or Shaun as foggy suggests - both have experience of supporting people with past iva's.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:13 am
We'd be happy to look at your situation if you were to contact us.

Regards
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:25 pm
You may still have to wait for the 6 year anniversary of the start of your IVA to pass. Hopefully Ryan can help you.
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:26 pm
Hi Annette. if your husband is recently self-employed and his is the primary household income, it's quite unlikely that you will be able to secure a new mortgage at present and almost certainly until he has been trading for at least 1 year. This is generally the case irrespective of any other issues you have encountered....sorry this probably isn't the answer you were hoping for but I hope at least it helps clarify things a little.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”