Hi, I have been in IVA for 3 years

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Bob.sr

Post by Bob.sr » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:43 pm
Hi, I have been in IVA for 3 years, I have made all my payments in full and on time, however I have never received an annual review. During the last 3 years my surplus income has hardly changed if at all (no rent increase, limited pay rise if I am lucky). I did move house early on in my IVA but I did inform the IVA company (which has itself since been taken over and closed down). There is obvioulsy a chance that they have lost my new address however I also gave them my mobile telephone number, e-mail address, and work contact details when I set up my IVA and none of these have changed since. However the IVA company has never tried to contact me by these means either. I am worried that my creditors will not be happy when the 5 years comes to an end due to the IVA company not carrying out an annual review. However I am happy that things are running smoothly and that I am not being pestered at all and having to justify my existance so to speak!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:51 pm
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

You should certainly have had annual reviews and some contact from your IP.

Which company are you with now? I would certainly give them a ring.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:01 pm
I agree with Jan, you certainly should have had reviews.

Let us know which company you are with.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:06 pm
Are you saying that you have not received copies of any annual reports from your previous or current IP firm? This is a statutory responsibility of all firms, and you should contact them to ask for copies. If they have not carried out an annual review, that will be their responsibility to account to your creditors and perhaps ultimately their own regulators - so long as you have complied with everything you have been asked to do then you should not have anything to worry about.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”