Hi, I really need some help

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

sallygallagher1

Post by sallygallagher1 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:00 pm
Hi, I really need some help as we are worried about CCJ. We are at the administration stage of an IVA with Melanie Gile's company. My husband and myself both have an MBNA card and we have paid them on a DMP with CCCS since Sept. Our income has dropped and therefore we have had to start an IVA proposal. My husband's MBNA was sold to Arrow Global who have instantly sent a solicitors letter, followed by Court papers; we were advised by the IVA administrator to send these direct to them as the debt is included in the IVA but today we have a CCJ against my husband asking us to pay £2210 in full as we did not reply to the claim form. I am really worried as we do not have the money and it states that they can come and take goods etc if we do not pay?? Please can anyone give me any advise on what we need to do. I have contacted administrator and they have said to send the paperwork to them but I don't want to ignore it if they can seize goods. I have received a claim form for my MBNA card which again I have been asked to send it direct to the administrator but should I really be filling it in and returning it to the court advising them of the IVA proposal or should I just send it straight to administrator??

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:07 pm
Hi
Don'y worry too much. No one will take property from you, this will only happen if you ignore the court order for many weeks, possibly months, and the creditor has gone back to court and instructed bailiffs.Your IVA will overide any CCJ when it is agreed.
Keep your case worker informed of any communications that you receive.
Regards
Andam Davies

sallygallagher1

Post by sallygallagher1 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:32 pm
Thank you Andy for replying I am just worried cause the ccj says we have four weeks to pay and obviuosly we won't be able to and the IVA has a way to go yet. Do I need to contact the solicitor and try to explain or leave it to the IVA company.

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:35 pm
Honestly Sally - Melanie sees this time and again and will deal with it accordingly. The sooner you get all the paperwork to Tamsyn as requested the sooner they can act for you.

I know its hard because of the scary words in the letter but trust Melanie - she knows what she is doing, you will be fine.
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

sallygallagher1

Post by sallygallagher1 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:27 pm
Thank you I will send it all in tomorow and will try to stop worrying.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:49 am
Isn't this a duplicate post?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”