Hi im a newbie

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
20 posts Page 2 of 2

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:22 am
Welcome Kitty!

As Lesley says don't feel bad about your holiday.

I'm off on holiday myself to Corfu for a week in 2 weeks time with my girlfriend [:D]

We have got a late deal and I have really cut back the last 4 months to pay for it.

I saved my contingency fund, clothes allowance, really cut back on the food budget (eating cheap food has been nasty lol) and the big one was transport.

I saved a fortune each month by walking the 4 miles to and from work. But this is something I would not care to repeat lol as two 45 minute walks at either end of a 12 hour shift, 5 times a week was tiring and soul destroying, hopefully the week away will make up for it [:)]
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:22 am
Hi Kitty. I`m one week into my IVA, and the two weeks prior to my creditors meeting were quite an emotional rollercoaster, that`s for sure...You`ll be fine though, your creditors will take the best offer they can get, and that will be what you are putting forward.

lukeofyorkshire, I take my hat off to you...Enjoy your holiday, you truly deserve it after all that sacrifice and self discipline, it just shows what can be done if you want something so much.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:30 pm
Yeah my hubbys been cycling a 10 mile round trip to work to help with the savings and his weight loss!!!
Steven & Debbie

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:34 pm
We all make sacrifices to get those little extra things whilst in our IVA, I hope you enjoy your holiday Luke you certainly deserve it x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:38 pm
Enjoy your holiday Luke.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
20 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”