Hi looking for some advice please. I'm in a right mess.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Kerryiva
by Kerryiva » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:39 pm
Hi looking for some advice please. I was with Knightsbridge for my iva and just been moved to credit fix. Im in a right mess at the minute as my partner earned over 50k last year and now we need to replay £2k to hmrc. Knightsbridge had agreed to reduce payment by £70 a month to allow us to pay something back to hmrc.(hmrc still not happy and saying they are going to continue debt collection procedure as want debt clear in 1 year) but adding to the problem is that although Knightsbridge had agreed to reduce payment by £70 that had not implemented the variation so now credit fix are saying they will have to look over it all before anything can be done. While this is going on i will continue to incure more and more debt as my partner is going to earn over £50k again and have to pay back the child benefit we receive. Credit fix are using the full amount of child benefits on the income and expenditure so theres no way we can keep what we are not owed and pay the lump sum back for the higher benefit tax charge in april.
Everytime i ring they say they have a backlog and someone will call me but they havent. Ive also emailed them a f&f offer but heard nothing. Is there a time scale for these things? Surely they have guidelines to adhere to? I asked how long it would take and their reply was how longs a peice of string! Im not feeling very reassured right now. Panicing that hmrc are gonna go to court . Please any advice would be great. We are currently in year 3
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:41 pm
Most terms and conditions state that a F&F has to be drafted within 21 days and then the creditors are given a further 28 days to consider. Lodge a formal complaint ..... I would write, by traditional post, recorded delivery (keeping copies) direct to the IP, with your concerns and giving them, say 21 days to respond. If they do not do so, you can complain to their regulators, via the government gateway, regarding your specific complaints and, maybe, the fact that they have acquired new caseloads from other firms without the resources to service them properly.

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:51 pm
Agree with foggy ... it needs to be put in writing and tracked. Hopefully it can then be resolved for you asap.
Kerrydh83
by Kerrydh83 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm
Hi looking for some advice please. I was with Knightsbridge for my iva and just been moved to credit fix. Im in a right mess at the minute as my partner earned over 50k last year and now we need to replay £2k to hmrc. Knightsbridge had agreed to reduce payment by £70 a month to allow us to pay something back to hmrc.(hmrc still not happy and saying they are going to continue debt collection procedure as want debt clear in 1 year) but adding to the problem is that although Knightsbridge had agreed to reduce payment by £70 that had not implemented the variation so now credit fix are saying they will have to look over it all before anything can be done. While this is going on i will continue to incure more and more debt as my partner is going to earn over £50k again and have to pay back the child benefit we receive. Credit fix are using the full amount of child benefits on the income and expenditure so theres no way we can keep what we are not owed and pay the lump sum back for the higher benefit tax charge in april.
Everytime i ring they say they have a backlog and someone will call me but they havent. Ive also emailed them a f&f offer but heard nothing. Is there a time scale for these things? Surely they have guidelines to adhere to? I asked how long it would take and their reply was how longs a peice of string! Im not feeling very reassured right now. Panicing that hmrc are gonna go to court . Please any advice would be great. We are currently in year 3
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:59 am
Topics merged.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”