Hi,This is my first time posting here,

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
19 posts Page 2 of 2

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:28 pm
Hi dpm - I haven't posted to you before so welcome to the forum from me! The person buying out your beneficial interest would not have right over your property, you are just preventing the Official Receiver from having a right to any equity in your property. you should chooce someone you trust though as you would do with any legal matter.

I woudl echo what the othes have said and give one or two of the companies on here a call to discuss your situation further.

I know it can be scary making a call but no-one bites on here (promise!) and you will find you can ask questions and get answers more rapidly. You will also have a btter understanding of what your options are once you have discussed everything in full.

You will see at the bottom of each expert's post a link on how to contact them.

Regards,
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:27 pm
What was the market value of the equity in your mother's house when you purchased it?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:28 pm
dpm, have a look at the reviews of IP`s and their companies on iva.com if you feel you need some assurance about who you`re going to be dealing/speaking with, some recommend that you speak to 2 or 3 companies.
I personally spoke to only one company (Melanie Giles`) after swatting up on this forum.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

nepensioner

Post by nepensioner » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:47 pm
Hi dpm
Welcome to the forum. Two weeks ago I was in the position of needing to get some serious advice and completed an enquiry to one of the IP's who post on here. I was really scared as I knew how foolish I has been and really did not know which way to turn. Within 24 hours had received a phone call from a very gentle lady who established the facts and made suggestions as to what my next move might be. All the options were explained to me and I have now spoken to three people from the same company during the course of the last week and at no time was I patronised or judged, just received understanding and sound advice. Take courage and contact an IP for advice, its free and will at least let you know your options instead of you sitting guessing what you next move might be.
Take courage my friend, we are all with you..
F & F Accepted 19th Oct 2010
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”