Highs n lows

18 posts Page 1 of 2

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:12 pm
Im really pleased with myself to be coping with our IVA n managing to get our car sorted n proudly pay in cash with no help from my Dad.[:I]
But on the low side with my son breaking the Wii n the endless thing that need fixing or will need to be replaced soon is getting me down.
A very good friend whom knows everything, offered to give me her old phone on upgrading, As mine is a basic one n shuts down n buttons broken. She has now given it to a family member n I totally understand[:(]
I cant get a contract n still get annoyed at being told by our IVA company to get rid of our Mobile contracts (before our IVA started) to reduce our Expenditure. Our contracts ended half way into the IVA And we did as we were told, had I know keeping a contract would benefit our credit rating through the IVA n after I would not of canceled. And also finding out it would be impossible to get another one I still get quite cross n upset about it.
So now I need to save up for all sorts, phones, hard drive to my pc (on its way out) table n chairs (sitting on plastic ones). My washing machine is not happy & then xmas round the corner. Wii will hopefully be covered by insurance.
I know its all material, but just cant help feeling down about it all, n actually got quite tearful today about it. I know the IVA is a lesson to live without credit and I am learning - but sometimes its so frustrating[:(]
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:19 pm
All good advice from H, I've got a phone here you can have Lyns if you want not state of the art but it works fine, daughters got a LG Cookie if you want to google that and see if it's any good to you?
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Jan01

Post by Jan01 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:35 pm
My daughter uses freecycle and gets a lots of really good bits of furniture, I was thinking of dining table and chairs.

Jan
Nothing you can buy feels as good as not being in debt.

carole2662

Post by carole2662 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:14 am
I know it not free but check out Ebay. I tend to buy most things from there now as you can get a real bargain. I adopted my daughters old phone which went bang a few days ago I am on pay as ayou go. I found the exact one on Ebay from china for £30, so brand new phone for little money(relativley).washing machine I bought from a friend as she upgraded only paid £50 and have had it for 3 years now. My son had trouble with game consel and got in touch with the makers they sent courier for it and fixed it for nothing might be worth a try.Dont know where you are but I have a really good computer man who charges pennies and does a great job perhaps you could look for an independant who is just starting up and needs business and perhaps you can broker a deal. Good luck any way and keep your chin up. My mom always said if your face is smiling your thoughts cant help but follow

ThriftyWitch

Post by ThriftyWitch » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:22 pm
Jan01 wrote:

My daughter uses freecycle and gets a lots of really good bits of furniture, I was thinking of dining table and chairs.

Jan
I use Freecycle all the time. Ive managed to get an (old) xbox with a huge bag of games, Peppa Pig toys, a blanket box, a desk and my best find, a wooden high chair which had been hardly used and would of set me back a good few hundred. People sometimes give away things because they can't be bothered to sell them. I am sure you could sort a table and chairs, even if it needed a rub down and a varnish it would be much less to set aside than buying outright.[:)]

Edited to add, you could also get the washing machine from there. My local freecycle allows you to place wanted ads as well.
Last edited by ThriftyWitch on Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trying to be thrifty!

ThriftyWitch

Post by ThriftyWitch » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:29 pm
Is this any good for a phone?

http://shop.o2.co.uk/mobile_phone/LG/GB ... nd_Go/page

£5 for an O2 pay and go mobile, this weekend only [:)]
Trying to be thrifty!

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:27 am
Hi n Im sorry Ive not managed to get back on here, one thing n another as normal!
Thank you so much for the advice forum friends n thank you for the lovely offers Helen n Lesley.

Lesley - Ive googled it n its a phone Ive looked at b4, just would feel to guilty to accept daft as I am. Wud give you both a big hug n you made me cry!

*The wii is covered by home contents insurance (excess $50) n they are getting a company to call n come look or replace it.
*My washer is only over 2 years old - but something wrong with it as its become extremely loud to the point im scared, it gona blow up!
So gona have to get someone to look at it when Ive got it spare - hopefully it wont break b4!
*My PC harddrive is old n tired now with age n its the one thing I cant live without! Ive got a good contact whom deals n fixes them - just finding the cash to sort it.
*As for the table n chairs, I do a shopping monitor thing n Ive been building up my points for vouchers ($110 saved) to get a dining set half price from argos. We do alot of cooking for family etc n we have not been able to since we moved house. Now its out of stock n we gotta pay the excess on insurance for the Wii!

I know n am registered with free cycle n never seems to be that much going in our area.

As for the phone situation - I need one that takes pictures etc as my Camera is also broken!
Arrrrrrrgggghhhhh!!
Ive got my grip back now - but it really got me down on friday! If only my son had not stuck a knife in the blooming Wii - it was lucky he didnt fry himself aswell. x
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:41 am
Lyns message me if you want the phone it sits here in her drawer doing nothing I promise you, don't feel guilty, Helen helped me out with two pairs of trousers once and believe me to this day I'm still wearing them and wear one pair to work.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Wizzzard

Post by Wizzzard » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:11 pm
Lyns ... I have a basic but reliable Nokia you can have ... I also have a free Orange Simcard unused ... yours for the asking hun
Last edited by Wizzzard on Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best psychological health comes from admitting your faults and recognizing they're caused by someone else.
Wizzzard xxx

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:26 pm
Hope you're feeling better Lyns...lots of lovely offers and advice, don't feel guilty about accepting anything. We're all here to help out xx

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:56 pm
Hi guys as I have said on another post "goodbye" Ive been away all afternoon being tortured with football - so just got back on here.

Ray what a wonderful kind n thoughtful offer n Im in aw of the help you n the others offering.
I hope by me not answering soon enough has not sent you on your way - I was being tortured at my MIL.
In sincerely appreciate it n love having you here on the forum n now due to your goodbye post, Im honestly worried about you n Mrs Wizz.
Last edited by MrsKnight on Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lyns x

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:29 pm
Typing terrible again - that will by the sun n magners I had this afternoon.

Lesley - thank you {{{{{hugs}}}}} Ive sent you a message off the forum.

Julie - thank you feel bit better n appreciate you all so much xxxx

Lyns x

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:01 am
Message duly received and replied to Lyns xx

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:42 pm
Thanks Lesley - replied back again with info xxxx

Lyns x

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:34 pm
Cheers I will get it over to you as soon as Lyns, at Staff Development all day tomorrow so hopefully on Wednesday x
18 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “friends corner”