HMRC Self Assessment Return of Tax

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1


Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by Coline81 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:04 am
So we were told by the IP that my husbands self assessment for 2017-2018 was to be paid direct to HMRC. Now we have had a letter from HMRC saying that they are sending us it all back including the on account payment that we made at the end of Jan! They said they are going to be in touch with the IP. What am I supposed to do with the money they return! Do I just wait to hear from the IP?! Honestly nearly killed ourselves paying that tax bill and ended up taking a payment break and now this!


User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 74423
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:02 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:13 am
Get in touch with your IP and explain this. Put the money to one side as you will need to pay it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Lisa Thomas

User avatar
Industry Expert
Posts: 7392
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:26 am

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:56 pm
I would be concerned that your IP has given you the wrong advice in the first place...

You will need to pay the monies into the IVA, once received.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: ... Z5k9ZcC2MA 01752 786800
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”