HMRC voted no to our F&F offer and higher earner tax charge

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Kerrydh83
by Kerrydh83 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:01 am
We have put forward a full and final offer which has been accepted by all creditors apart from hmrc . Unfortunately because they were over 25% of the debt i had (my partner is fine as his loan to another company over rules hmrc) there is noway i can reach the 75% to have the f&f accepted. The stupid thing is we now owe hmrc over £2000 due to the higher earner tax charge we have incured. We cant pay them back because of the iva. If the had said yes to full and final we could start to pay what we owe as wouldn’t have to pay the iva. Is there a someone at the hmrc we can appeal to to get them to change their vote given the circumstances? The f&f is only £500 less that the total agreed to be paid in the start of iva. But we do have about £7000 equity in the house, is this whats caused them to say no. We are incurring £50 a month debt with hmrc dure to needing to pay it back as a tax charge but creditfix are not taking that off our income&expenditure so there is no way we can continue iva if they don’t accept or the would need to lower payment by £100 a month in which case they would acheive less than the £7k we are offering anyway. What a mess. Sorry for the long winded question, hoping someone can help thanks
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:39 am
Am I right in thinking your husbands has been accepted? If so he could use his monthly payment (or part of it) towards paying HMRC.
Kerryiva
by Kerryiva » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:17 am
Its a joint iva, he has enough voted from his creditors but i dont from mine. Over all we are at the 75% but they said it has t be 75% of my creditor and 75% of his creditors. Is that right? Ta
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:23 am
Kerryiva wrote:
Its a joint iva, he has enough voted from his creditors but i dont from mine. Over all we are at the 75% but they said it has t be 75% of my creditor and 75% of his creditors. Is that right? Ta

It is not "joint" -- you each have your own IVA. If you have been making one payment each month they are likely to be "interlocking". They could be seperated and one closed early on a F&F while the other continues, but IP's are reluctant to do thisand, I imagine, creditors would have to agree also.
Kerryiva
by Kerryiva » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:43 am
YES I doubt they could do this as i do not have any income apart from child benefit , so he could end his side but how would that leave my side to work? Surely they would still calculate as a couple we could afford to pay the same as what we paid on both? Or will his income be seperate then?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:52 am
Kerryiva wrote:
YES I doubt they could do this as i do not have any income apart from child benefit , so he could end his side but how would that leave my side to work? Surely they would still calculate as a couple we could afford to pay the same as what we paid on both? Or will his income be seperate then?

If the IVA's were seperated then each would be calulated on each persons income. However, this would leave your's on thin ice as your income would not then support your IVA.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”