homework

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:14 pm
Cant believe that my 4 year old after being in school only 3 weeks has come home with a reading book and 2 sets of homework!!! I say give em a break the change is enough for the time being
Steven & Debbie

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:37 pm
They do start them young don't they? My granddaughter had to make a dinosaur and do research on the dinosaur she made over the school hols, she's 6. My daughter 16 helped her, it was so good that I know that her school would know it's wasn't her solo work! x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:41 pm
My daughter also has had homework and reading books since starting full time in FS2 (age 4) it was usually a single sheet of something simple like collecting something, or practicing the handwriting. The reading books were changed twice a week. None of it was a problem for us to be honest as she loves school.

She's 8 now and has Literacy, Numeracy, Spellings and a reading book each week. They run a homework club so that the kids can get a head start on it with the chance of help from the TAs. She reads loads every day and gets through her books very quickly.

The school knows that the children get help from others, but as long as its written by the child I don't think there is too much worry, after all she's still learnt something.

My friends daughter's school (friend is 7) have never given homework so far.

All are different I suppose.

The problem is that they have to cover so much in the classes, and when Offsted come and assess them they look at what the children have or are learning. We had Ofsted in just before the holidays and their critism of our little nursery/reception area. No policing of who had snack or drinks !!!!!!!!!! Go figure.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:27 am
Yeah must admit weve enjoyed doing it together.Were lucky both of our children love school too. Dont remember my elder one getting as much homework at this stage but it is 5 years ago and i've slept since then. Yeah we have a reading book and 2 writing sheets as well as learning our phonic sounds. What about learning from play too? Sounds about right for Ofsted there!!! It doesn't surprise me after being a nursery nurse for a very long time and the comments they have come out with from over the years within the provisions i've worked in.
Steven & Debbie
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”