House equity as full and final offer to end IVA? I am turning 57, cannot keep up

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
steve509
by steve509 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:31 am
Is it possible to enter a lifetime mortgage with the equity built up in house to offer a full and final to iva as when I spoke to iva company would not accept a pension drawdown and my wife turns 55 end of March and I am 57 and feel with my health another 3 years is too long been in iva 3years come March 26the next payment and I am getting very depressed about the situation sorry for keeping pestering thanks for reading
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:55 am
I would suggest a chat with Ryan and / or Shaun about equity release and, on the subject of the potential pension drawdown, it is not up to your IP provider to accpet ofr decline -- it is not his desicion to make but should be put to creditors -- however his support, or lack of, for the idea can make all the difference in the way he presents it.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:50 am
You might have a problem as there is a restriction on your house and I don't know how these companies deal with that.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:10 am
Why did the I|P say they would not accept a pension drawdown? It's up to the creditors to decide...?!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”