How can I get an IVA termination letter if company no longer exists?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1


User avatar
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by clint » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:44 pm
Was with an IVA company, they closed down and I got passed over to 4 other different companies, in order for me to cancel it I need a termination letter from a company that is no longer in existent.

Anybody have advice for me?


User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 76914
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:02 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by kallis3 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:00 pm
Why do you wish to terminate your IVA? You can end it by not paying for three months and your IVA will fail. If you check the Insolvency Register you should find your IP there to contact and ask for it to be terminated.

Your credit record will still be shot and creditors will start chasing you again.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.


User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 33039
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:02 pm
Whoever is currently running the IVA will issue a termination letter. How far are you into the agreement ? Everything paid so far could well be wasted and your debts might even have increased.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014


Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:16 am

Post by MrMole » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:58 pm
Do you mean your IVA failed some time ago, but you need the termination letter now? Best way would be to find the IP and email them directly.

You should be able to find them by googling 'find an insolvency practitioner' but don't click on the adverts!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”