How can I get my credit back on track

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Fash
by Fash » Tue May 08, 2018 9:44 am
Hi, my IVA has finished and I’ve been told as from April 2018, I should be back on track with my credit. Unfortunately when I checked my credit check record there is that black mark on my record. How do I eliminate that so I can get my credit record back on track.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:46 am
Is your six years up? If not I'm afraid it will remain on your record until then. Have you had your completion letter yet?
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Tue May 08, 2018 3:10 pm
Hi Fash,

Once the IVA and all associated defaults fall off the reports your score will start to improve. Having taken no new credit though in the last 6 years does tend to lead to having a lower score. Make sure to check that all 3 credit reports are clear and up to date (Experian, Equifax and CAllcredit/Noddle) as different Lenders search on differnet Reports (or on a combination of them). Also make sure that you are showing on the Electoral Register as that is a big plus factor on credit scores.

Regards
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue May 08, 2018 5:35 pm
Have a read here and all will be revealed: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
Fash
by Fash » Tue May 08, 2018 7:31 pm
Ryan wrote:
Hi Fash,

Once the IVA and all associated defaults fall off the reports your score will start to improve. Having taken no new credit though in the last 6 years does tend to lead to having a lower score. Make sure to check that all 3 credit reports are clear and up to date (Experian, Equifax and CAllcredit/Noddle) as different Lenders search on differnet Reports (or on a combination of them). Also make sure that you are showing on the Electoral Register as that is a big plus factor on credit scores.

Regards

Thanks you for your advise. Will follow through will all agencies. :D
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”