How can I prove I cleared my IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
leighanne
by leighanne » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:08 pm
How can I prove I cleared my IVA with completed in 2010. Being over 8 years ago I don't have any of the paperwork as I was advised it wouldn't be needed after 6 years. My credit report is completely clear and has no record of my IVA, but I am being asked to prove the IVA was settled. Annoyingly, I also can't remember who the IP was. It started with Haines Watts, but they sold it on to another company in the final months.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:14 pm
Who is it who needs to know and why?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:18 pm
I would ask the Insolvency Service if they have archived records -- they would have been sent a copy of the paperwork --- however this might have been purged after this long.

The fact that the IVA is no longer on record anywhere, nor are any unsettled debts, would indicate that it has been completed --- as Kallis wonders .. who is asking and why ?
leighanne
by leighanne » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:24 pm
It’s following a PPI refund from Egg Loan (Citi Bank). They are asking me to prove the IVA is resolved prior to making any payments.

Thank you for your help, I will contact the Insolvancy Service.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:30 pm
leighanne wrote:
It’s following a PPI refund from Egg Loan (Citi Bank). They are asking me to prove the IVA is resolved prior to making any payments.

Technically, even after an IVA has been cleared, the PPI refunds still belong to that IVA and the creditors. The firm that took over the IVA in the latter months might still require it be paid to them.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:34 pm
Haines Watts was purchased by Tenon, who, in turn, sold out to Grant Thornton, who became Aperture !!

Aperture might still have records ... but they are one firm I would put money on wanting to have the refund themselves !
leighanne
by leighanne » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:40 pm
Oh really, I wasn’t aware of this. I thought as it was completed and finalised that was it.

Hopefully it goes in my favour. Having come out the other side of debt, I’ve not got very good with saving and investing and hoping to put this refund into good use!

Thank you for the advise.

Foggy wrote:
leighanne wrote:

Technically, even after an IVA has been cleared, the PPI refunds still belong to that IVA and the creditors. The firm that took over the IVA in the latter months might still require it be paid to them.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:01 pm
Agree it is due to your creditors.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”