How can I still be on IVA register

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

mr423

Post by mr423 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:48 pm
Hello
I am trying to find out how I can still be on the IVA register my IVA started in 2011 and we stopped paying in 2017. Despite emails and phone calls to the company dealing with it we are no further forward and no longer receive answers or any promised call back. We also have not received funds from PPI claims that we were promised
Can you offer any advice Thanks

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:51 pm
They haven't issued the termination / completion notice, it would seem .... is the IVA marked "current" on the Register ? You need to write a formal complaint to the firm, which you can escalate to their regulatory body if they do not co-operate ... the threat of this often has the desired effect.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:34 am
I presume your IVA failed?

Who promised you that you could have the PPI refunds? Did you get that in writing as I suspect the monies are still held on trust for the IVA creditors?
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

mr423

Post by mr423 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:54 pm
Finally after querying what is going on we received another expenses form but before we had time to respond we received the completion certificates with a letter saying it could take up to 3 month for us to be removed from the register.
Still nothing about the funds from the PPI claims. Don't have the letter to hand but it was the interest or vat we would get back. Not sure if we should forget this in case it affects our removal from the register. This means we will have been on the register nearly 8 years absolutely fed up with this company. Started out Grant Thornton passed to some other department then the name changed to Aperture. Always the same address but different supervisors and updated terms to sign and return. I will be glad when everything is finished just wish we had gone with some other company.
Thanks for all the advice did not realise we had the right to question and complain when we were unhappy how our case was handled

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:18 pm
At least it is moving ! As long as they have sent the copy of the completion papers to the Insolvency Service ( you will see your entry tghere marked "completed" when they do) the PPI issue will not affect removal. It is usually the interest that GT / Aperture allow some clients to keep, depending on what agreements you signed during the progression of your IVA --- terms changed constantly during the early years of the PPI debacle.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

mr423

Post by mr423 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:35 pm
Just looked on the register marked completed now. Found the letter regarding PPI . Now it's complete considering make a formal complaint about our treatment, the time taken to register the completion after the final payment and the PPI issue

SteveUK

Post by SteveUK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:10 am
mr423 wrote:
Always the same address but different supervisors and updated terms to sign and return.
(my bold)

Say what?

Why would anyone need to agree new terms and conditions?

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:24 am
SteveUK wrote:
mr423 wrote:
Always the same address but different supervisors and updated terms to sign and return.
(my bold)

Say what?

Why would anyone need to agree new terms and conditions?
Many firms use the change of supervisor as an opportunity to change Ts & Cs (usually to increase their fees!). GT at the time were well known for leading such changes with an apparently "good for the client" headline, whilst the smaller print had the "good for company" changes tucked away. Another firm, in the past, has simply proposed mass variations to change terms / increase fees ( some, I am sure, slipped by clients without due process).
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”