How do I get a copy of my IVA completion certificate?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
chris135281
by chris135281 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:46 pm
How do I get a copy of my completion certificate? I was in an IVA with DFD back in 2008-2012 and have since lost the completion certificate. I have no emails or any way of getting another copy so any ideas? DFD no longer trading, Fairpoint no longer trading, Aperture not interested in responding..........
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:59 pm
Aperture could just be being their usual selves --- they are not the best responders, even to current clients. In similar posts I have made the suggestions to try the Insolvency Service, who would have been sent a copy, but have no idea whether this has yielded results.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:47 am
The credit agencies would also have been sent copies but I believe they only retain them for six years so you may be on the cupse of them having them still.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:28 am
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:28 am
Your IP has to keep their records for 6 years so you may just find that DFDs copy has been retained somewhere...
chris135281
by chris135281 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:42 am
There is no record of me being in an IVA on my credit file or with the insolvency service. By IP, do you mean DFD or Fairpoint? If so both companies no longer in business.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:59 am
chris135281 wrote:
There is no record of me being in an IVA on my credit file or with the insolvency service. By IP, do you mean DFD or Fairpoint? If so both companies no longer in business.

You were on the Insolvency Register and they would have had copies which they might still have access to. DFD was taken over by Aperture as a going concern, I believe, not just a case transfer exercise, so should have access to archived records.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:56 pm
Although DFD has gone bust, the individual IP who was your Supervisor has a duty to retain his/her working papers for 6 years after the case has been closed.

So you could contact the individual (if you could trace them) but suspect arrangements were made to store such records or pass to Aperture.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”