How do I get a default date changed

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Sallyannt
by Sallyannt » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:30 am
Completed my IVA on 23/2/2018.only issue I have is santander, it's still showing default with the wrong default date too! 9months after iva started. Rang customer services and they told me to email bradfordcourtorders but had no reply off them at all! How do I get them removed, 6 years will be 31/7/2018. Thanks
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:57 am
Sallyannt wrote:
Completed my IVA on 23/2/2018.only issue I have is santander, it's still showing default with the wrong default date too! 9months after iva started. Rang customer services and they told me to email bradfordcourtorders but had no reply off them at all! How do I get them removed, 6 years will be 31/7/2018. Thanks

Template letter and advice here: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:04 pm
I wouldn't take heed of it or worry until the 6 year point is reached, until then you may find creditors will just ignore any requests that you make with regard to default notices or dates of default notices. Also be aware that some credit agencies take a few months to fully update their records so don't be too hasty in shooting them for incorrect information.
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:45 pm
Personally I would deal with this now, along the lines Foggy describes. You are entitled to expect the information recorded against you to be correct and it may hamper your plans should you want to obtain credit or a new mortgage.
Sallyannt
by Sallyannt » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:46 pm
I have sent all the relevant paperwork but nobody is replying to me, would anyone know an email address to send the info too please.
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:07 pm
https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Search

You can use this to check the address to write to (I'd suggest recorded delivery). Write to 'The Data Controller' at the company.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”