How do I get a failed iva removed from credit file

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
christina683
by christina683 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:37 am
Hi, I entered into an IVA in 2014 under bad advice as I then became bankrupt in 2015 and discharge in 2016.
The IVA is still showing as active on my Credit file but everything got taken care of in my bankruptcy.
How do I get this removed as it is causing me a few issues?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri May 11, 2018 11:42 am
Whatever it's status I am affraid it will remain on your credit record for 6 years -- so until 2020. I can't imagine it is causing any more issues being on file than the BR already is.

Make sure that it has been removed from the Insolvency Register, as that can haunt you if not and might prevent its removal from credit files when the time comes.
christina683
by christina683 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:53 am
Foggy wrote:
Whatever it's status I am affraid it will remain on your credit record for 6 years -- so until 2020. I can't imagine it is causing any more issues being on file than the BR already is.

Make sure that it has been removed from the Insolvency Register, as that can haunt you if not and might prevent its removal from credit files when the time comes.

Thank you for your reply. It's more the fact that is showing as active? How would I change that as it isn't active?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri May 11, 2018 12:00 pm
To be honest the status makes very little difference. But, to get it shown as terminated / complete / inactive, you have to get a termination certificate from the former IP ( which should have been issued at the time). A copy of this should be sent to the Insolvency Service if you are still on their register, and copies to the three credit reference agencies.

As bankruptcy basically trumps an IVA, my logic would say that it is obvious that the IVA has been dealt with by being overrun by the BR .... you could try that arguement, but from my dealings with the Insolvency Service and CRA's they want "bits of paper".
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”