How do I get a written property valuation ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

David.45

Post by David.45 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:24 pm
This may seem like a really strange question, but how do I go about getting a written valuation on my property, as I've been told I'll need to provide one for an IVA but have no idea where or how to get one.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:27 pm
Hi,

Get a local estate agent out to value. Tell him you are looking to move and ask for it in writing.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:30 pm
I did as Jan suggests and only said we were thinking of moving nothing definite. They were fine to come and I'm sure mine just put it in writing as a matter of course. I needed 3 valuations if I remember rightly. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:59 pm
Your IP may be able to assist if you cannot source a free written valuation. I have to do this for my own clients occasionally, and it is rarely a problem - as it is done on a drive-by basis so you don't even have to be at home.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:07 am
I used on free on line valuation for ours and payplan accepted this. maybe worth a shot
Steven & Debbie

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:10 am
On line valuations are rarely accurate, and for your own benefit I would get a professional one performed.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:59 am
Payplan arranged for a proper valuation on our house and I believe they will do the same when it comes to remortgaging.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Sensible77

Post by Sensible77 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:21 pm
Kallis, you will see from my postings that PayPlan were about as much use as a chocolate tea pot when it came to the house valuation to attempt the remortgage. In the end I used zoopla.co.uk to find a list of estate agents in my area that would provide a free written valuation. Probably going a bit off topic, but I’ve been very pleased with PayPlan up until now.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:31 pm
It may be that I have problems in that area when it comes to it, but I was led to believe that the same estate agent would come out to do the valuation when the time comes.

If it's the case that they won't come out then I will be telling a few porkies to local agents to get a written valuation!

I have also been happy with Payplan so far!
Bob Marley.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”