How do I get an IVA certificate from 2012?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1


User avatar
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:22 am

Post by helen684 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:22 am
Old IVA that is now attached to property need a redemption certificate from 2012 from RSM tenon please advice


User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 31255
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:45 am
Tenon cases were taken over by Grant Thornton, who merged into Aperture. Aperture may be able to assist.
Other than that there is another way to get the restriction lifted:

To withdraw a restriction H M Land Registry would normally expect to receive a completed form RX4 by the person or company that has the benefit of the said restriction. If the beneficiary is unable to provide this RX4 then this form should be completed by whomever has inherited the benefit of the restriction and appropriate evidence of devolution of title lodged as part of the application. This evidence should show a clear link between the beneficiary named on the title register and the applicant that has completed form RX4.
If restriction is not withdrawn, then an application would need to be made for its cancellation. Cancellation is the term used in rule 97 of the Land Registration Rules 2003 to refer to an application to cancel a restriction that is no longer required.
Any person may apply to cancel a restriction. The application must be made in form RX3 and no fee is payable.
We will cancel the restriction if we are satisfied that the restriction is no longer required. The application must be accompanied by evidence to show that this is the case. If anyone is referred to in the restriction and if an address for service is listed for that person, we will usually notify them of the application and give them an opportunity to object to the application before canceling the restriction.
Practice Guide 19 ( ... e-register) provides further information on notices, restrictions and the protection of third party interests in the register.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014


Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:08 pm

Post by WallE » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:32 pm
Aperture/Grant Thornton took over RSM Tenon cases in late 2012 - did you get your closure certificate from RSM Tenon or GT?

If it was GT, give Aperture a call on 03339397920 and explain - it'll be no trouble to remove as they'll hold the relevant court orders to do with change of IP etc. Normally takes a few days.

If your case closed with RSM, you might have more bother as Aperture won't have purchased your case. If that's the case, go down the RX3 route as mentioned by Foggy.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”