How do i withdraw or transfer companies?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
dawn648
by dawn648 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:09 am
The Company I've had my iva with have been awful , i had money issues never paid for 3 months no one contacted myself at all ! I now want to withdraw , I've been in the iva 16 months how do i withdraw or transfer companies?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:20 am
Hi,

You won't be able to transfer companies but you can let your IVA fail although it sounds as though it may already have done if you have missed 3 payments.

Which company are you with and what problems have you had with your payments?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:45 am
As Kallis says, you cannot change companies yourself unless you take it to court and convince a judge -- which could cost more than the original debt!

Regarding these missed payments, I am afraid that these are your responsibility, not your IP's. It is up to you to make sure your IVA runs smoothly, as much as, or more so than the IP. That said, the fact that he also didn't keep his eye on the ball gives you a little leverage in putting things right --- hopefully you still have these payments in the bank to hand over and correct the matter, if you haven't done so already.

Get into the habit of checking your bank account at least daily. Know your agreement inside out and keep an eye on what is going on with the IVA -- it is your IVA, not theirs.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:42 am
You are stuck with your IP I'm afraid.

If you have an issue follow their complaints procedure and then follow up here if necessary:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”