How is life during an IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

paddington1

Post by paddington1 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:03 pm
I thought it would be nice to share life experiences when on IVA. Has anyone gotten depression or has it gone the other way and been a positive experience?

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:44 pm
paddington1 wrote:
I thought it would be nice to share life experiences when on IVA. Has anyone gotten depression or has it gone the other way and been a positive experience?
I think all of us have gone through practically every emotion durimg the course of our IVA's. For my part, after the initial turmoil of applying and then being accepted, I found it to be almost liberating ---- not having to juggle the bills and the cards. I paid for everything in cash (and, I have to admit, felt smug doing so) and reconnected with the concept and appreciation of "real money". over 5 years on and I still owe no-one anything and manage to live reasonably as well as save. All in all, for me, it was a positive experience, even with the few big dips along the way.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:57 pm
I agree with Foggy - we've all done the full gamut of emotions and with help from friends and family and support on here you will be fine.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”