How long before I get my CC?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
tarasue
by tarasue » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:28 pm
My final payment, after 6 long years, was Jan 18, how long before I get my CC and when will it be removed from my credit file?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:36 pm
How long depends upon who you are with .. many manage it withing a month or two, whilst others can take up to six! You will be on the Insolvency Register for 3 months after the date the completion certificate is issued. Have a read here: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:22 pm
Hopefully it won't be long - depends on who you are with.
tarasue
by tarasue » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:11 pm
Foggy wrote:
How long depends upon who you are with .. many manage it withing a month or two, whilst others can take up to six! You will be on the Insolvency Register for 3 months after the date the completion certificate is issued. Have a read here: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record

I am with aperture
tarasue
by tarasue » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:12 pm
kallis3 wrote:

I am with aperture
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:41 pm
Unfortunately Aperture are one of the slowest ---- so be prepared to wait up to 6 months. They have managed faster on the odd occassion, but they don't seem able to keep this up and are currently suffering a general back-log.
Jo1979
by Jo1979 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:01 pm
Good luck! We are now almost 6 months past our last payment date and despite complaints to Apperture and multiple phone calls every couple of week I am just getting fobbed off every single time. In June it will be 7 years since we started this process and I just want it to end but with Aperture there is no end in sight! It’s like banging my head against a wall. I will never recommend Aperture to anyone!
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:06 pm
How frustrating - I feel for everyone in this situation.
IVAconfused75
by IVAconfused75 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:17 pm
kallis3 wrote:

Not necessarily. Have I seen on this site your CC took two weeks with Payplan? I'm with the same company and I will be still waiting 2 months tomorrow and all restrictions were removed within a week of FFO. There is no consistency from case to case or company to company. It might sound cynical, but my answer would be it depends how long YOUR piece of string is with that company, which only they can see, is when you get your CC.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:21 pm
Bear in mind this was 2013 and things have changed since then.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:02 pm
IVAconfused75 wrote:
kallis3 wrote:

Not necessarily. Have I seen on this site your CC took two weeks with Payplan? I'm with the same company and I will be still waiting 2 months tomorrow and all restrictions were removed within a week of FFO. There is no consistency from case to case or company to company. It might sound cynical, but my answer would be it depends how long YOUR piece of string is with that company, which only they can see, is when you get your CC.

There does tend to be a trend as well as a bit of luck within each firm. Currently a few firms are undergoing restructuring and under resourcing problems are slowing others. Even those who are quick off the mark sometimes run up against problems and cases do vary.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”