How long does an IVA take

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

cerberus

Post by cerberus » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:53 pm
Hi,
I'm currently in the process of applying for an IVA but the process is taking longer than expected. Several of my creditors have not sent me current loan statements as requested and seem unwilling to do so. I have signed to allow the IVA company to liaise on my behalf with my creditors but it's all taking so long. I'm due to go out of the country soon for several months with no phone communication and limited email facilities. Can an IVA be "rushed through" as I don't want to leave my already stressed wife with this extra burden.
Many thanks

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:59 pm
Hi, mine took a fair while but that was due a remortgage that I needed to complete prior to the IVA happening, I know they all take varying amounts of time.

How longs it been now cerberus? x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:39 pm
IVAs can be hurried for valid reasons and the IP would need to explain in the documents that not everything has been verified. Speak to your IP and try and get everything at least verbally and hopefully things can be moved forward.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”