How long should completion certificate take?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Andy.79
by Andy.79 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:00 am
Hi not posted on here in a while, I finished my Iva back in September 2017, HB told me I’d need to wait 4 months for my final completion letter to come through. That has now come and gone so rang up to ask where is was up to, got told it had been passed on to the finals team and should receive it by e mail and/or post by the end of the week, happy days!!
The end of the week came and went so got back in touch with them only to be told it’s not 4 months it’s 6 months any reason this would of changed (appreciate I’m almost at the 6 month mark, bit frustrated )
This has Iva has now ran for 7 full years!! Trying to rebuild my credit but not going anywhere while I’m waiting for HB stalling on the completion letter, any advice greatly received thanks in advance
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:52 am
6 months is the usual long-stop period quoted in the terms and conditions, however, in reality, there is no real need to take this long. Hopefully it shouldn't be too long now !
claire805
by claire805 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:43 pm
Hi ,

We got our completion certificate 7 weeks after the F&F early settlement was agreed at a variation meeting. I did send weekly emails requesting updates to my IP so maybe I got on his nerves and he wanted shot of me lol. I was told when the F&F was agreed that it should take no longer than 6 months to get the CC and that 8 weeks was the generally expected/accepted timescale. It would have been issused 3 weeks sooner but apparently Santander were refusing to talk to my IP to give final figures. He said that if they continued to obstruct things then they wouldnt get their share and it would be distributed amongst the other creditors. I suggested that I could ring them and see if I can do anything which is what I did and hey presto he had the information he needed that afternoon. Sometimes common sense is lacking and you need to take matters into your own hands to get things done ! Good luck x
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:07 pm
Keep pestering them!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”