How long till a completion certificate?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
38 posts Page 1 of 3
abby528
by abby528 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:26 pm
My husband paid his last Iva payment I’m dec 2017 but we are still waiting for a certificate of completion! Is this normal to take this long? If not what can I do to get the certificate quicker? As the Iva company keep fobbing me off. Thank you
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:42 am
Normally 3 - 6 months ...i would start to ringcsnd email on a regular basis asking for where it is now
Radish
by Radish » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:28 am
I can only add my own experience - I seem to remember mine took around 8 months to come in the post. This was in 2014 though, hopefully it's a bit quicker now.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:53 am
Some take a couple of weeks, most take a few months, and a few take 6 - 7 months. Aperture are one of the slowest (but still have their moments, as does Payplan).
peersie
by peersie » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:10 pm
whom are you with my last payment was dec ive had my cc.with a lot of hassle mind

peersie
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:44 am
6 months is the maximum - you should make a complaint.
abby528
by abby528 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:08 am
Hi all,

Thank you so much for your replies.
My IVA is with Aperture originally Grant Thornton’s.

I called today and spoke to my case manager, who sounded like he did not care at all, and was told my case is not closed after being told by 3 different people last week that it was.
I want to make a complaint but am concerned it will delay my closure even further, has anyone made a complaint before and had this happen?

I don’t really know what to do now I don’t trust any of them at all. I asked to speak to the manager but he said only by email, which they never reply to.

Thank you
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:27 am
If you have a look at the clause headed "Duration of arrangement" (or similar) it should state there that the arrangement lasts for 66 months. That is 60 payments and 6 months "adminstration" to close the case down. In some cases there will be a further clause stating that the term can be extended twice, once for 6 months and once for three, on giving prior notice.

If they have exceeded these terms, or not given the required notice, you have cause for complaint. When I was with them they had a convoluted internal complaints procedure, designed to deter you from bothering. I would write direct to the IP, by snail mail, recorded, keeping copies, giving them,say, 28 days to respond. After this you can escalate the complaint to their regulators via the government gateway here: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:28 am
BTW my completion certificate from GT took almost the full 6 months ... I was all huffed up for battle, but they just made it in time !
abby528
by abby528 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:38 am
That’s great thank you very much. It will be 6 months on 30th June so see what happens. But I’m Gona write a complaint about how I have been treated. Especially by my case manager! Can’t believe these people run a big company like that, no people skills at all!!!
peersie
by peersie » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:52 pm
hi foggy gave me some great advise
find out whom your ip is probably jaqueline westerman from aperture
if you need her email ill post it then email her directly about your concerns
i did got a reply within 2 days and a phone call the same day from a guy called john gillespy
saying he was taking my case on till completion 4 weeks later cc result

peersie
abby528
by abby528 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:03 pm
Hi thank you for your reply, my husband IP is Steven Gibson I actually got to talk to him today as wasn’t happy with what the member of staff was saying, as said since 22nd May the Iva has been closed! But today got told it’s not! But Steven wasn’t any help at all! Absolutely unless, didn’t show any interest in what I was saying didn’t once apologise either. I’ve now sent a formal complaint to Aperture explaining everything what has been said on the phone calls and dates. Glad you got on ok with them, we just must have an IP who doesn’t care!
peersie
by peersie » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:10 pm
it just took peserverence i.e e mails every day ,hate too say with no replies mine got more and more aggresive.
wich as you can imagine the stress.luckily im out.good luck just have patience ,not like me

peersie
abby528
by abby528 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:14 pm
Thank you, hope it doesn’t go on for too much longer. That must be an amazing feeling :D well done! I will keep annoying them ha, they surly will want to get rid of me!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:18 pm
abby528 wrote:
Hi thank you for your reply, my husband IP is Steven Gibson I actually got to talk to him today as wasn’t happy with what the member of staff was saying, as said since 22nd May the Iva has been closed! But today got told it’s not! But Steven wasn’t any help at all! Absolutely unless, didn’t show any interest in what I was saying didn’t once apologise either. I’ve now sent a formal complaint to Aperture explaining everything what has been said on the phone calls and dates. Glad you got on ok with them, we just must have an IP who doesn’t care!

I cannot find an IP by that name -- are you sure it is the IP you were chatting to ? He isn't mentioned along with other IP's on their website either.
38 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”