How long till a completion certificate?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
31 posts Page 2 of 3
abby528
by abby528 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:23 pm
Do you know what I’m not surprised, he was horrible. Apparently Darren who I spoke to passed me on to Steven who he said was my IP! I asked for his manger name too, as I was so disgusted how he spoke to me he said he’s managers name was Glen Peeples. Thank you for looking for me I really appreciate it.
abby528
by abby528 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:29 pm
When I rung up they said this Steven is my case manager is that same thing as an IP? He said he’s in control of my IVA, so assumed he does it all, can close it and send cc.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:52 pm
abby528 wrote:
When I rung up they said this Steven is my case manager is that same thing as an IP? He said he’s in control of my IVA, so assumed he does it all, can close it and send cc.

No -- a case manager is not the IP. The IP is the legally appointed supervisor named in the proposal. You can get his or her name by searching on the insolvency register here: https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/eiir/
When the IVA details appear click on the blue link and it will give further details, including thethose of the IP.
abby528
by abby528 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:55 pm
Thank you sooo much for your help! I’m so glad it’s not Steven, hopefully I won’t have to deal with him again. Again thank you, you have helped me a lot.
abby528
by abby528 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:37 pm
peersie wrote:
hi foggy gave me some great advise
find out whom your ip is probably jaqueline westerman from aperture
if you need her email ill post it then email her directly about your concerns
i did got a reply within 2 days and a phone call the same day from a guy called john gillespy
saying he was taking my case on till completion 4 weeks later cc result

peersie

Hello you messaged earlier about your IP, I’ve just found out my husbands IP is Jaqueline. Could you send me her details please? Thank you for your help.
peersie
by peersie » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:03 pm
HI here is her direct email

Jackie.Westerman@aperture.uk.com

peersie
abby528
by abby528 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:07 pm
That’s brilliant thank you so much, will email her and see if she can do anything. Thank you for all your help everyone. :D
peersie
by peersie » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:20 pm
let us know how it goes good luck
peersie
abby528
by abby528 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:47 am
Hi all, sorry me again! Just got to have a rant! :evil: I sent an email to Jaqueline, no reply as yet but understand she’s busy. So I thought I’d give Aperture a ring just to see if Steven Gibson has done anything more on my husbands Iva. But they wouldn’t even put me through! Then I said can I talk to my husbands IP he raised his voice and said no no no you can not talk to senior staff!! He said it’s in the final stages of closure apparently! But I feel like they are talking rubbish! Am I right in thinking, that it’s 6 months after your last payment the completion certificate should be? As my husbands was Dec 31st. So was thinking they got till 30th June, but when I said that to the man I just spoke to, he said no that’s information wrong! I literally don’t know what’s going on. Feel like my head is going to explode!! I’ve had enough of Aperture!!! Will never ever recommend them to anyone!
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:12 am
To be fair I doubt they can talk to your about your husband's IVA.

But as regards the dates your husband needs to look at his IVA proposals (and any modification) to see how long was allowed for the closure process.

Many firms include 6 months but that is usually the maximum before the Government Gateway will consider a complaint is in order.

I think when you next speak to them or email them you should tell them if it's not been closed by 30th June you will be making a formal complaint straight to the Gateway.

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
abby528
by abby528 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:18 am
Hi thank you for your reply, I’m finding it so hard with this company, they are so draining. I do have authority to talk to them on my husbands behalf, but not sure weather that includes higher people maybe that was the problem. I feel more stressed now about the whole thing than what I did before joining Aperture! You would think they would want to get rid of me ha, get the cases closed. Thank you I will try that and see.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:07 pm
If you have authority then it shouldn't be restricted to only speaking to certain people - I suspect this is just the gatekeepers way of preventing the IP from having to speak to debtors, sadly.
abby528
by abby528 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:30 pm
Ok :( thank you for your advice. I’ll have to have to wait and see if hear back from my husbands IP. Thank you.
peersie
by peersie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:06 pm
hi did you get an email confirming that she had received it.i did get the automated one,on the sunday
then a direct one from her on the monday.
peersie
abby528
by abby528 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:01 pm
Hello I didn’t get a reply one, but she has just replied :D :D saying sorry for what has happened and is passing it on to the complaint people, to look into why it all happened! Said my husbands case will be closed within 2 weeks then a certificate will be sent straight after!! :D I’m so grateful to everyone that helped me without you this would not be happening. Thank you so much x
31 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”