How to get failed IVA off the credit file?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
dan784
by dan784 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:25 am
Due to a lack of communication with DFD my IVA failed and I was sent a "Termination Report and Certificate" . At the time it termination I had a well paid job and still have a well paid job prior to when the IVA was taking.. In all honesty the Debt Free Direct has miss sold their services and the IVA as i had around £7000 of debt at the time. So i have taken the initiative to call all my creditors and paid off all my debts by passing the DFD and IVA. It wasn't easy paying some company as they needed proof before taking payment from me.
Now that I have paid all my debts my question is how do i get the IVA off my credit file.
Also, the company that I have taken the IVA with has gone busted 'Debt Free Direct' and have been brought by a company called Aperture. And Aperture does not want to have anything to do with it.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:56 am
Unfortunately, it will remain on your file for the full six years. Aperture won't want to know as you are not a client of theirs.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:32 am
Are you still on the Insolvency Register ? If so you will need to send a copy of the termination papers to them. The IVA will remain on your credit files for 6 years from the start date and should then drop off pretty much automatically ( though it does pay to keep an eye on these things).
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:48 am
I'm afraid I can only confirm what has already been said. It will be correct and the IVA will show on your credit file for 6 years.
dan784
by dan784 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:09 pm
Foggy wrote:
Are you still on the Insolvency Register ? If so you will need to send a copy of the termination papers to them. The IVA will remain on your credit files for 6 years from the start date and should then drop off pretty much automatically ( though it does pay to keep an eye on these things).

Thanks... I will send them a copy of the IVA termination.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”